"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

another addiction?

I guess a little about me for my first posting. I'm a transplant in Denver (originally from Michigan), and have lived here for about 5 years. I'm a proud Wolverine (GO BLUE!), which festered my competitiveness. The name of the blog is actually one of my favorite quotes from my favorite movie, the Princess Bride.

I started knitting about a year ago. My first project was...a fun fur scarf knit on bamboo needles (size 15) . Yarn was Baby Monkey in a smokey blue. I became ambitious, and knit up the 'not knit round' scarf (which is actually more of a shawl/poncho). I used a Berroco yarn, ribbon style (half denim color, half navy). While the KNITTING is finished, I have yet to finish by sewing it up. I've made several other scarves for friends (another fun fur scarf in Berocco sizzle, and a rib and cable scarf)...


chevron scarf Posted by Hello

rib and cable scarf Posted by Hello

Projects I've been working on The backyard leaves pattern from Scarfstyle. I bought some Classic Elite Wings in olive green (#2397). I LOVE this yarn. Soft to the touch, 15% hollow (for warmth without the weight). I got it from A Knitted Peace, a great LYS in S. Denver. Another scarf I'm working on is a chevron scarf using Crystal Palace Shimmer.

Next up: the Reynolds Blizzard shawl (in Scarfstyle), and the long jacket with sailor collar (from the Debbie Bliss number 6 book).

Back to the point of creating a blog. So I could comment on someone else's blog to get help with my knitting. Pretty pathetic, huh? What a knitter will do for her project. Actually, knitting helps me procrastinate from my school studies. I figure if I'm not working on something I should be working on...at least I can be productive and make something tangible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home