"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Whew!!!


My knitting Posted by Helloed

Yeah...a cute pic of one kitty sitting atop my knitting. They hate when I pay attention to anything besides them. Makes it hard for a girl to get anything done if she's home. My backyard leaves scarf is back on track. Super experienced knitters who may look at it closely will see that it's screwed up for about 10 rows, but I'm just glad I haven't had to rip out the whole thing. About 7 repeats done, 4 to go.

backyard leaves Posted by Hello


Went to the Recycled Lamb, a great LYS in Lakewood, where the ladies were SUPER helpful. Bought a skein of fuzzy yarn to knit a fun fur scarf for a friend in Italy. Crystal Palace Fizz. Knitting it along with Flutter yarn. Even though I hate pink, there's enough color from the Fizz to help me not gag while I knit.


pink fun fur Posted by Hello

fun fur scarf yarn Posted by Hello


I have to give the LYS some compliments though. Not only a great selection of yarns, but the ladies working there didn't mind (AT ALL!) helping me out with the boo boo in my knitting. Another LYS here in Denver (that shall remain nameless), won't help you with your knitting unless you buy yarn from their store.

Did I mention that I knit when I'm procrastinating? So, all these projects I'm working on are doing their job very well. School started back up last week, and as I'm taking 4 classes, and helping teach another, I have plenty of work to do. But I'd rather be knitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home