"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Monday, January 31, 2005

Rants from an Irrational Knitter

Ok. First off, I was ALMOST done with the first half of my backyard leaves scarf. I found out I am going to have to TINK about 10-12 rows because my impatient ass didn't read the freaking directions. One of the knitting lessons that should help me become a more patient person, right? Yeah, I doubt it too. I'm just pissed at myself for not reading the directions. no no. I had to be impatient and try to forge ahead. Sigh.

I found out today that an ex-coworker, with whom I had a fairly adversarial relationship with, is being considered for a position where I am now. Uh. Yeah.
Woo hoo. At least our interactions would be severely limited with each other. In fact, she would have nothing to do with what I do... and hopefully I'll be gone before she's hired. Still, considering that I LOVE most of my ex-coworkers (many are close friends), the chances of working with one of the TWO that I didn't get along with.... She's one of those judgemental people that say shit...and it's so abrasive that you think you heard her wrong. I mean, who says stuff like that, knowing that they have to work closely with other people?

One last thing. I have this pet peeve about people not calling me back. I mean, once in awhile, I understand that things are busy or whatever. When it becomes a pattern? I feel like it's just flat out rude. I'm not super high maintenance (at least, *I* don't think so). But I do expect friends to call me back within a couple days. Am I being (k)nitpicky?

I lied. Another thing. I hate email. I love email. I love email when it's working. I hate that so much of my life is tied to a freaking computer, and that when my email is down, I feel incapacitated. One of my professors couldn't get in touch with me, my classmates with which I'm working on projects with couldn't get in touch with me, and dammit! I have friends with which I mostly only email out of convenience. The worst part is, I can't even complain to anyone (other than this blog) because it's free.

My saving graces have been my kitty kats (the one in the profile/sidebar is one kitty, the one laying atop the knitting is his brother). And crocheting. Even if you can't get the detail like you do with knitting, I have no problems ripping. No worries about having to reinsert the needle correctly through twisted stitches, etc. That will be the project for the night instead of TINKing the backyard leaves.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the calling back thing. My boyfriend and I have actually stopped being friends with people for that. We'd call to see how things were. Nothing. We'd call to make sure things were ok. Nothing. We'd call to see if we could meet up some time. Nothing. And I'm not talking about calling three times in a day or even a week. These are spread out over a month or two and nothing. Pet peeve. For certain.

2/1/05, 4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home