"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Thursday, February 03, 2005

literature review...

that's what I should be doing for school. Reading journal articles so I can sound semi-intelligent when I go to class tonight. I'd rather be knitting. I am happy to say that the fun fur pink scarf is FINIS!!! I no longer have to pretend I'm not gagging as I work on this ugly ugly thing (ok, it's only ugly to me b/c I have such a visceral reaction to the color pink). I'd post pics, but I sent the digicam back to my brother this week. I gotta go buy myself one of these fun toys... any suggestions? I know that optical zoom is actually better than digital zoom, but that's about it.

I had a TA DA! moment the other night. In my scarfstyle KAL, several posters have discussed the advantages and ease of backwards knitting. Huh? I've barely mastered normal knitting, purling, and a few types of increases and decreases. I've been practicing continental knitting here and there (should be easy since I'm a lefty, but I also migrated from crocheting...which I do left handed, which means i handle the yarn with my right hand...) ANYHOO. I think that backwards knitting is like left handed continental knitting. Did that make any sense at all? Or maybe right handed continental knitting. In any case, since I get to control the working yarn with my right hand, I love the backwards knitting!

I have a great reason for procrastinating today. (I always have a great reason). The class tonight is taught by a professor who never ever gets to the point. I know we'll get sidetracked and NOT talk about the articles, so why should I bother reading? But I should. Because he doesn't like me (gasp!) and I can't give him any REAL reasons to not like me. URGH. Someone (I'd say Heaven or God, but the jury is out on this one for me) save me from egotistical asshole professors.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should be writing a presentation for an article review that is due in my class tonight. Feeling your pain.

BTW - Tag. Now you're it. It's more fun than homework.

-Michelle
knitpretty.blogspot.com

2/4/05, 2:33 PM  
Blogger martha said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8/14/11, 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home