"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Friday, February 04, 2005

(ooh! aah!) said with a huge grimace...

today was a day to take care of, um..., indelicate things. In delicate places. Waxing. That's right. You heard me. I spent about an hour with some hot wax, some Russian aesthetician, and a lot of grimacing. I usually only get the underarms and legs done, but decided to try the bikini and brow waxing this go around. Why? Because summer is quickly approaching and I might as well get my tender skin used to the abuse. Truth to be told, I enjoy getting waxed. The legs and underarms. I'll reserve judgement on the bikini until a few days from now.

Oh. Knitting news. I finished the first half of the backyard leaves and CO for the second half. Ten more repeats, sew the halves together, and voila! I'll be done. I hope to get it done by the end of next week, b/c the friend it's for came down with walking pneumonia this week, and I think it would make a nice "welcome back to the land of the living" gift.

I'm stepping onto a few soapboxes, so please excuse me. The leader of our country (for whom I DID NOT vote for, either time), wants to cut social security (for which all of us working folks have been putting our hard earned $$ into), and ask for another $80 billion for the war in Iraq? I'll approve of the $$ if I get some dividends off the oil we'll be stealing. What did he promise it was going to cost the USA to go to war? $40 billion? And we're up over $200 billion? How much did we send on over to Thailand, Sri Lanka, etc? for the Tsunami Relief? It can't be just me that thinks the President's priorities are FUCKED. Step off soap box #1, getting up on soap box #2. Animal cruelty. Anyone who knows me, knows I do NOT cry easily. Animal and baby abuse is different. As I was driving around my fair city, I saw a billboard by PETA regarding FURISDEAD campaign. I don't wear fur, I think it's gross, but I feel like a big hypocrite b/c I eat meat and love leather belts, shoes, and handbags. The way I soothe my conscience is that I figure I'm eating the cow, then using it's skin for my shoes and bags. Very efficient. If the person wearing the mink/rabbit, or whatever fur stole EATS that animal meat on a regular basis, then pardon me.

Ok. Hopping off the soapboxes for now. I was about to say sorry if I offended, but I"m not. These are my beliefs, it's my freaking blog, so if you don't agree, comment and don't come back. ;) Kidding. That's what it's all about. Being free to disagree.

over and out for now. Happy to report i'm not in class this weekend! Much time for some knitting!

ps. anyone have a recommendation on a moderately priced digital camera?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home