"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I need a Weasley. Mrs please.

She seems the most useful. If she's not available, I'll take Hermione.

Ok peeps. You know I have my head in the sand (aka school) most of the time, and that I am clueless to any worldly happenings (outside of major hurricanes, tsunamais, etc). So... um, how come NONE of you told me about the TRAGIC news?

That THE MOVIE, the ONE MOVIE, that i've been really looking forward to, has moved opening night from Thanksgiving 2008 to SUMMER 2009?

I am devastated.

I suppose I will have to console myself with looking forward to meeting my niece, also making her debut in Fall 2008 (late october). The baby shower was last weekend, and I was bummed I couldn't attend. I did send along some gifties, of which only one is likely interesting to you all.



ETA: that's the peapod baby cardi, by Kate Gilbert, just in case it is difficult to identify by the teensy tinsy picture. Knit with Frog Tree Alpaca, sportweight.


oh. I need Mrs Weasley or Hermione b/c the start of school is quickly approaching, and I've got knitting committments to attend to!!

1) finish cabled hooded jacket by debbie bliss for my soon to be niece
2) finish BRQ squares for sharing
3) finish (uh... start?) BRQ squares for Stacey's project

I'd also like to knit the Juju for my niece too.... but we'll see how time goes.

I was at the APA (american psych association) conference last week. Am now on 'vacation' which means I just have to finish writing some journal manuscripts before school starts!! WOO HOO!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome giftie. She looks really happy about it too. That is always good. Take a deep breath and try and catch a movie. It'll all be going by crazy fast again before you know it. Keep that up and you'll be back here before you know it. Definite bonus. :D

8/19/08, 2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute! The baby will be styling in your knitted sweater.

About the movie...what Michelle said.

8/19/08, 3:43 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

That little sweater is SO cute! Way to go Cynthia...you always do get things done just in time, don't ya? :)

8/19/08, 4:22 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I always had 8 - 18 months to the initially announced release date of any HP movie. *sigh* Those "kids" are going to have families of their own by the time they get to the end!

Cute sweater! And enjoy the rest of your "vacation" - sounds a bit like a busman's holiday to me. :)

8/19/08, 5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sweater is so cute! Hopefully your niece will not be delayed also until Summer 2009. ;)

And that does sound like a busman's holiday. Only journal manuscripts? Only?

8/19/08, 8:30 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Oh, the peapod sweater is really cute. Your SIL looks so tiny and then a baby basketball belly, too cute.

8/19/08, 9:00 PM  
Blogger Oiyi said...

The Peapod sweater is beautiful. I knew the pattern right away. Unfortunetly, I never got to it before the baby came. Too many projects with too little time.

8/20/08, 10:45 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Back again...looking for a new posting (hint!)

By the way, my blog is no longer at Keep Talking. It's now Rhythm of the Needles:
rhythmoftheneedles.blogspot.com

Hope all is well with you.

Joanne

9/1/08, 1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home