"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Updates!!

The last month was a bit crazy. Finals (I HATE FINALS). If finals in grad school still consisted of multiple choice tests or essay exams, they wouldn't be so bad... but when finals means turning in humongo (30 pages!) papers... well. I hatez it.

kitten
more cat pictures

Is that not perfect for me? If you know me, you know that I am a procrastinator. Grad school is my punishment/boot camp for getting rid of this habit. A good friend of mine (mom of LRHM- little red headed monster- who's NOT so little anymore!) gave me a plaque as a b-day gift... it says "I have not yet BEGUN to procrastinate."

HAHAHHA.

After finishing finals, I had to give a presentation to the faculty of the research I am working on... THEN summer classes started.

MEANWHILE, Mr Cosmo, my sick kitteh, decided to give me a big gift, and decided he didn't need insulin for his diabetes anymore!! WOO HOO! I still check his blood sugar once in awhile to make sure we're on track, but he's still 'in remission' and is 'diet controlled.' For those of you who own kitty cats, I can not advocate enough for a wet food, low carb diet for your cat. I know that the dry food is super convenient, but it is also very high in carbs and one of the leading causes of diabetes in cats. If you are interested in switching, you can go HERE to find a couple charts of dry food and canned foods. the charts show a comparison of protein, fat, and carb content of the foods. Cosmo (and Danger) are on 10% or less carb canned food so that Danger doesn't BECOME diabetic and Cosmo can stay diet controlled. But YAY! He's doing so much better. We have another vet check up tomorrow, with more bloodwork. Bleh.

In knitting news, I haven't found a lace project yet. Looking for one that is either a stole, or a triangular shawl that is more like ENE (where you cast on a zillion stitches and DECREASE as you knit). I have started some Barn Raising Quilt squares, out of leftovers. A nice, almost non-thinking knit for me right now.

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back. I missed you!

What a great picture.

6/4/08, 7:22 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Dang, already on to summer classes??? So glad that Cosmo is doing so well! I have to say, after looking at the food charts, I'm pretty happy with the dry food these two are eating - Wellness Core stacks up pretty well with the wet foods.

6/4/08, 7:59 PM  
Blogger Oiyi said...

Hurray! Glad to hear that Cosmo is doing well.

I thought I was the Queen of Procrastination. I can get pretty ridiculous. Like how I just filed my 2006/2007 taxes last month.

6/5/08, 7:30 AM  
Blogger Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

I'm so glad Cosmo is still improving! It's great that he doesn't need insulin anymore :D

Thanks for the food link...I'll have to check it out for my cats. Kennedy's about 15 lbs and I don't need her getting diabetes!!

6/5/08, 9:16 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

LOVE that cat picture....it's just too purrrrfect! :) Silly, I know. I can't wait to see you soon!! Whoo hoo!

6/5/08, 1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the photo! I love that website. Glad to hear Cosmo is doing better and better! Thanks for the links. I'll have to check that out. I'd love to make sure my Tami, mean as she is, live a long and healthy life.

6/6/08, 8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for finals being over and the biggest YAY!!! for Cosmo going insulin free! Good kitty.

Love the pic and the sentiment. Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow and all that.

6/6/08, 12:03 PM  
Blogger Calling on Kahlo said...

Yeah! Cosmo is doing better.

So, the best thing to do is to make sure that your pets are not overweight. It is the leading cause of diabetes. Check your pet food that it says that it is complete and nutritionally balanced as per AAFCO (that is the organization that certifies the food). You can check for the caloric count of the food, however it is not required for companies to publish that information on the food. Contact the food company and ask them to send you the caloric count.

6/6/08, 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home