"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Welcome home, Cosmo!!

My baby is home. He's got 9 prescription meds, plus prescription food, but he's home. Let's hope his mommy can learn some patience real quick, b/c feeding him through his e-tube takes quite some time. Tonight's feeding already came back up (bad bad bad) but hopefully I'll take more care tomorrow morning. I have to give him precise amounts of meds through this e-tube, then his food (60 mls per feeding). I think it's like kitty ensure or something.

If anyone has any advice as to how slowly to go, or how to slow down, how to increase the chances of it staying down, I would greatly appreciate. He's always been a vomiter, but it's crucial at this point that he keep his food down.

I'm so happy that he's made it this far. The next 4-6 weeks will show us whether he can kick the fatty liver (hepatic lipidosis).

Thanks, many many thanks, to all of those who have reached out during this very difficult time. I've always talked about how much I love my cats, but you know what? Even I was surprised at exactly how much. Wanna call me crazy cat lady? That's me! And I'm proud of it.

So, for me, please give your furry loved ones an extra hug, pet, and kiss for me.

8 Comments:

Blogger WandaWoman said...

Oh, I'm so glad he's home and safe! Yay!!!

3/18/08, 9:48 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

i'm glad he's doing well enough to be home. get better soon cosmo!

3/19/08, 5:38 AM  
Blogger Terby said...

Good cat mommy. Hope he feels better very soon.

3/19/08, 5:49 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Welcome home, Cosmo!! I'm sending extra scritches to you.

3/19/08, 5:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Welcome home, Cosmo & the Crazy Cat Lady! :-)

3/19/08, 7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Believe me, I understand how the quantity and quality of the love we have for our furry babies can surprise us...

If you're the crazy cat lady, I'll happily be the crazy dog lady.

I'm so glad that Cosmo is home, and thanks for keeping us updated.

Hugs to you, and ear scritches to Cosmo. :)

3/19/08, 9:57 AM  
Blogger Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

I'm so glad Cosmo is home!! I'm sure he's happy to be there, too :)

3/19/08, 12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No advice on the feeding other than little bits at a time but that's not from experience. Hepatic lipidosis? He'd better kick it.

But YAY!!! Yay that Cosmo is home wiht his mommy! And you can bet that I've been hugging my fur baby all week and will, while we say our prayers for your furbaby.

3/19/08, 12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home