"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

you know it's been too long when...

when your internet browser doesn't know the address of your blog. Aye. Ok. Quick and pictureless update. I hope to have pics for tomorrow (or next week).

1). TWO FO's. Reid is finally finished. The crocheted edge takes longer than I would've thought. Crumpets is also finished. I used a different edging than the pattern calls for... instead of a loopy/lacey crocheted edge around the skirt, I did a scalloped edging.

2) Cast on: I wanted to use my Tres Campy yarn, and cast on for the melon scarf/shawl out of Victorian Lace today. Unfortunately, while I loved the pattern itself, the yarn wasn't agreeing. It was pooling in an unattractive manner. RIPPIT. Cast on for the scarf on page 84.

3) school: actually, the classes i'm taking are fairly easy. what's hard is juggling the schoolwork, the teaching and supervision of 10 master's students (I teach for 1 hr, then meet with them in pairs every week), research, and my practicum... all of that is making my head spin. I'm tired and hungry a lot.

hope everyone is doing well.... i'll be back on a more regular basis as soon as I figure out how to keep my head above water.

10 Comments:

Blogger WandaWoman said...

Hey, good to hear from you. Hmm, I'm interested to see how your new scarf turns out from Victorian Lace. Ohh and I definitely want to see your two FOs.

Your school schedule sounds, erm, challenging. Hope you get adjusted to it soon.

9/29/07, 6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to see Reid and Crumpets too, but yay for them being done!

Head above water? I think your schedule alone is going to challenge that one. But someday it'll all be a distant memory.

9/29/07, 7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FWIW, you seem like a tough cookie to me, and I'm sure you will get it all worked out.

9/29/07, 7:32 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Um... have you looked into being cloned??

9/30/07, 7:29 PM  
Blogger Oiyi said...

Show us pictures of the FO's!

10/1/07, 10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cynthia,

Thanks for your constant encouraging words on my health Blog.

Rich

10/6/07, 8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, I thought *I* was behind in blogging...hahaha

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your latest projects.

Hope all is well... keep in touch.

10/7/07, 1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck and I've tagged you-- but its ok if you don't have the time. List 8 random things and then tag 8 people. I read your blog alot-- ever since that one swap a looong time ago... just don't comment much.

10/15/07, 9:34 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I hope you're hanging in there...

10/31/07, 5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, over a month? I'd give up on the idea of keeping your head above water......hang in there!

11/5/07, 5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home