"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Monday, August 13, 2007

Knitting related injury

I have again managed to hurt myself by knitting too much (gasp!) I have not much to report. I realized, in a sudden burst of realization and need for procrastination, that my friend is about 3 months away from giving birth, and I have not knit one. single. thing. I didn't knit when she had her first, but I've got no excuse now. Except for school.

I cast on for the EZ Baby Surplice Jacket (found in the Vogue Spring/Summer 2007 issue) using Trendsetter Taos that i had purchased many moons ago to make Donna. See pic of yarn knit up here. What was I thinking? that I was gonna wear something pastel-y? Much better suited for a baby girl. The yarn is aran weight, but I'm using US5s. That's probably contributing to the injury. Basically, the muscle on the right side of my right hand (along the pinky finger side of my palm) is very very sore. It hurts a little to type and navigate the touchpad of the laptop.

I leave for San Francisco on Wednesday. Hopefully, I'll get to spend some time with Cristina!! I'll be back next week.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Calling on Kahlo said...

It is EZ Baby Surprise Madness, everywhere! I haven't cast on for one yet. Although, I pulled so many projects for my trip and then realized it is impossible to knit two adult sweaters, one baby sweater, two scarves and a pair of socks.

Have a great time in San Fran!

8/14/07, 6:51 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Time to knit a three pack of bibs for her! :) Plus allows for great kitty photos. ;) I hope you recover quickly from your injury. Have fun in San Francisco!

8/14/07, 7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch! I don't know whether this would help, but I find alternating projects with different needle sizes helps me to be able to knit longer.

You might also consider seeing a physical therapist for RSI. The pinky finger muscle you mention is a very common muscle to strain.

Good luck! The yarn is very pretty!

8/14/07, 7:54 AM  
Blogger Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

I hope your injury heals soon :)

Have fun in San Francisco!

8/14/07, 9:30 AM  
Blogger Oiyi said...

Hope you heal up while in San Fran. Have fun!

8/14/07, 11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is a great choice for a quick baby gift. Have a nice to trip!

8/14/07, 11:29 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

I agree the Taos color you chose might be better suited to a baby. Nothing wrong with it, but definitely not your colors.

I hope your pinky heals soon. Don't stress it too much.

Have fun in SF.

8/14/07, 12:13 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Ouch! I think you need drugs and a splint.

8/15/07, 1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so crazy to me that so many of us injure ourselves doing what we love. :) Who says knitting isn't a sport?

8/15/07, 6:35 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

I hate it when the hands begin too hurt! especially when ya need them :) can't wait to see a pic when its done...

8/26/07, 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home