"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Friday, July 13, 2007

TINK a long

Seems I have done almost the opposite of knitting lately (of the time that I spend on knit related things, I have not spent enough of that time actually KNITTING).

First, the mystery stole debacle. Then, the phenomenon that is Ravelry. There are discussion boards, groups, pictures, patterns, stashes, projects (both finished and in progress), books... and whatever else knitting/crochet related that you could imagine. I've been sucked in and am busy taking pictures of my stash in order to properly catalog what all I have...

23 skeins of koigu.
10 skeins of Cherry Tree Hill
10 skeins of BMFA Socks That Rock

uh... maybe I don't want to keep inventory-ing.

When I piled all the koigu up on my couch so I could take pictures and double check colorways?

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

That is the cutest picture! I love it! I'm still not sure how you ended up with 23 skeins of Koigu??

7/13/07, 1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh - I have to tink, too. you're in good company.

7/13/07, 2:56 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

yes inventorying the stash is a scary yet exhilarating thing and i covet your koigu stash

7/13/07, 3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome photo. That kills me.

7/13/07, 3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shawl looks better now, if that helps.......

Aw! Finally you have made a cat approved use of the Koigu. I don't think you're getting it back for socks either.

7/13/07, 4:16 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I love that picture. You're not surprised, I know.

7/13/07, 4:35 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Well, someone has good taste!

7/13/07, 9:15 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Ohh, *fawning* at the Koigu, so pretty. Looks like someone knew where the attention was at and it wasn't on him!

7/14/07, 3:23 PM  
Blogger Psyched2Knit said...

To answer your question - no I don't think I would like the president even if he knit. Just call it a Mass. thing! My question lately about the stole is "Why am I doing this?" I started I started working on some easier things just to keep my confidence up. Also 2 nights spent on knitting rows 81 through 85 and then just saying f--- it and making a stitch was very frustrating. No group Tues. But I am planning on going to the Creative Warehouse to knit dolls for Africa at 7:00. Feel free to e-mail me for more info. psyched2knit@gmail.com

7/15/07, 10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, this Bloglines seems to be working for me...yay!

What a cute picture.

Don't you just love the Koigu? I'm going to be making the Magique Cloak. Now, that's a lot of Koigu!

And... a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Wasn't it on the 10th? I hope that you had a good day.

7/16/07, 10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dont know if you'll actually be able to touch your stash with that kinda guard on watch.

7/17/07, 12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home