"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Booooo to MD S&W aka Don't Cry for me Argentina.

I had a total blast with Wanda. We went to Windsor Button on Friday afternoon. Much was added to both of our pattern stashes (rationalization: If one has a large yarn stash, one MUST have a large pattern stash, in order to have options for what to do with said large yarn stash). I would've preferred to go to Windsor Button AFTER NH S&W, but they're not open on Sunday or Monday (boo!).

So. the festival!! I had much fun, and no pictures (both Wanda and I forgot our cameras!). I was on a MISSION to get more Spirit Trail 100% merino sock yarn, but it was not meant to be. The owner, a lovely lovely lady, explained that she got decimated at the MD S&W the weekend before. I was crushed. CRUSHED! I want lots of this yarn, in lots of colors (um, lots of colors that *I* like). She had 2 colors, a bright turquoise/aqua (wanda took a pic of hers) and a yellow/taupe color. I bought a skein of the turq, but I was truly disappointed she didn't have more.

Don't cry for me, though. I managed to console myself with 2 skeins of Schaefer Anne in gorgeous colors, a couple lace addi turbos (love em!), and another skein of something or another (more sock yarn). The best part of going? Seeing everyone there. Maryse, Wendy, with her little one, Carole, Elisa, Stitchy aka Deb, and the "I missed my calling as a drug dealer, so I'll be a yarn pusher instead" Kellee. I'm sure I'm leaving off a whole bunch of folks, but please to forgive. I was just coming off the end of the semester, three hellish weeks in which very little sleep was obtained. I'm still catching up on rest.

Pics of my stash enhancement this weekend. too lazy to take pics.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, naturally you had to console yourself. The whole purpose of the MD S&W - and she's out! The nerve.

5/17/07, 8:27 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Sorry you have to miss MD S&W, but we had such a great time at the NH S&W. Thanks for hosting me, I really had a good time and enjoyed seeing you and hanging out.

5/17/07, 8:55 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Glad you had so much fun! Take some pictures already!!

5/18/07, 7:47 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

It sounds like so much fun!!

5/18/07, 8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay wool festivals!
(And I didn't have anything to do with the selling out at MDSW...)

5/18/07, 9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how fun!!! and whats the windsor button store?? i'm making you take me there next time i go out there.

5/21/07, 6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home