"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Friday, May 04, 2007

They're coming to take me away...

You know something is wrong when you HOPE that someone is coming to take you away to the looney bin. It would really be a refreshing break. I'm blogging from school, so that I can take a break. I'm sitting in a conference room instead of my cubicle, because I'm convinced the imprint of my behind is molded into the chair in the cubby...

I have pics of my sock to show.

I'm much further along now. I've turned the heel, decreased the gusset, and am knitting the foot. I love love love the yarn (100% merino). From Spirit Trail Fiberworks, which I purchased at Rhinebeck last October. WHY DIDN"T I GET MORE? Of course, the color doesn't hurt. Pleasing shades of blue and olive green. Very sproingy yarn!

Ever have those moments when you KNOW you are getting sick? Because you're wearing yourself to the bone? Tuesday night, I stayed at school from about 9am til about 5am the next day. I had meetings from 9a-2p, class from 430-7p. Then I worked on the paper until I turned it in. I went home to shower and feed the cats. Sad life. Sad sad life that I WANTED. I'm throwing myself a huge pity party. With confetti. I like to have a fancy pity party please.

Oh. I had a comment from angelpix about my clessidra sock. However, you (she?) didn't leave an email addy for me to contact you with my modifications! How am I supposed to give you the information? I emailed the Clessidra KAL blogmaster, and she didn't have contact info for you either!! I'll cross post over on the clessidra blog, but you need to leave a comment WITH contact info please!!

I hope everyone else is having a nice week, and has some fun plans for the weekend! I've got this paper due on Monday, and a final exam due on Tuesday. Then two more projects over the next two weeks after that... and I think I'll have succeeded in at least developing a large ulcer.
Cheers!

ps. Some? None? of you have known me long enough to recognize the signs. But I'm back on the sauce. After abstaining for 6 years, I am back up to 2-3 a day. My limiting factor is my old stomach and lack of protective lining. The stuff is GOOD. SO GOOD. GIMME MORE!!!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Terby said...

And I bet you thought grad school wasn't going to be any fun... Heh heh heh. It does get better, sort of. Eventually.

Caffeine is good. I used to limit myself to two cups of coffee a day at work. Good thing I got REALLY big cups.

5/4/07, 8:53 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

You NEED LOTS of caffeine to survive grad school. I wish I'd been knitting back then! Hang in there - the end is in sight. The end is in sight. The end is in sight.

5/4/07, 9:18 PM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

The socks are gorgeous! So of course, I had to click your link to that delicious yarn. What a tease! I was so bummed that they don't sell anything online. Sad for me, happy for my wallet!

5/5/07, 7:09 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Caffeine--she's an evil mistress, but a necessary evil, especially when you are under the gun.

((hugs)) to you on the marathon of end of semester stuff you have going. It will be over before you know it :)

The sock is looking good; I love the colorway.

I agree with Chris I wish I was knitting when I was in grad school; I'm sure it would have taken the edge off a little.

5/5/07, 9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caffeine is the nectar of the gods.

So. Keeping busy? lol. This too shall pass. Those socks are cute! That looks vaguely like the waterfall pattern I'm fooling with.

5/7/07, 12:12 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Ohh, another new sock, beautiful. I love that pattern. I love that it may "force" you to knit a matching pair, too funny! Soon, soon, the semester will be over with. Any fun plans for the summer? I can't imagine that you would be able to abstain from the Dew any longer. Grad school, yikes, it definitely takes it out of you.

5/7/07, 6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must be getting tough if you're back on the sauce! Hope things slow down a bit for you.

5/8/07, 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home