"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Postponing the posts

I have a lot of posts composed in my head, but not the time, energy, or commitment to bring them to life right now. I do want to share a couple things with you...

A new blog that I found... and if your sense of humor tends to run towards this type, then you'll probably enjoy it. Anyone who knows me in real life (and likes me) should find it funny too...

Overheard in New York is a blog that posts some random funny stuff. I almost peed my pants when I read the "favorite quotes" section (see link/button on left side of blog).

In an awwwwwwwwwwwwww moment, my LRHM (little red headed monster) sent me a card today. (well, he sent it last week, but I got it today). Inside, he had written his name (well, half of it, and then asked his mom to finish) and drawn his first self portait. I like that he chose the color red to represent himself. I guess he independently asked to write me a card when a friend of his mom's asked to take him to OUR restaurant (sweet tomatoes). I think the LRHM felt guilty that he went and enjoyed it without me. See? Being the auntie really has many upsides, very few downsides.

Ok. I'll be back in a week or so. I have HUMONGO projects due in the next week for school, so I'm gonna go bury my head in the snow.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Okay--that card sounds too cute :) Don't you love the little kiddos art work. They are fearless with color and form ;)

Don't study too hard--try to fit a tiny bit of knitting in to clear your head.

2/20/07, 7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"overheard" is hilarious!! thanks for the link...

2/20/07, 10:40 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Being an auntie ROCKS. :) Hang in there...

2/21/07, 7:17 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Good luck on the project for class. Don't kill yourself. Take some breaks and don't stress over your lists and lists either.

2/21/07, 8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on your projects. Hope you'll get to knit in between your breaks.

Knit on!

2/22/07, 8:26 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

oh, that is funny! thanks for the link :D
and just the fact that you can keep the posts composed and in your head blows me away. if i don't make a bazillion notes... all my thoughts are in the wind. *sigh. i blame it on the children

2/24/07, 11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your projects, and find time to take knitting breaks. All work and no play....

I pick up The Onion at work from time to time and it cracks me up. I wonder what it's like in their publication offices!

2/25/07, 6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm coming to boston next week!! will you be around on thursday morning/afternoon?

2/27/07, 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home