"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Monday, January 22, 2007

Neener neener neener

For those of you who know me personally, this next statement will shock you.

I can be a bit insufferable when I'm proven right about something... and I like to gloat. I'm highly competitive, and I freely admit that I am both a sore loser AND a sore winner. I like winning. I'm not that ashamed to admit that I really enjoy it. That feeling of being right.

The funny thing is that I really dislike the characteristic of righteousness. We can analyze that one later (though i guess it's pretty simple... we dislike in others what we dislike in ourselves.... How's that for a 2 bit psychologist?)

Why do I bring this up? One of my closest college friends has readily admitted for quite some time now (we've known each other for 13 yrs now...) that I'm inevitably usually right. Though we still debate some things (things that can't be right or wrong), we very rarely debate about things in which I can be proven right.

Over the last couple weeks, we've wondered who got Netflix first. She was convinced that she had been the one to tell ME about Netflix. Now, folks, I have a crappy ass short term memory (actually, it's my working memory that's piss-poor, but whatever). but my long term memory is like an elephant's. Rock solid. I remember EXACTLY how I became a Netflix fan, and who invited me to join. I've been a member for so long, that my membership dues are at a special rate.

So, when I opened up my email today and saw subject line "who wins now?"

I was not surprised to see the message

"

Of course you do. I joined Netflix January 2004.

How did you have it 2 years b4 me?!?! Oh, I remember – I had been with cable (stolen, but whatever) and you were without. "


So. neener neener neener.


(no one wants to be my friend anymore, do they?)

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Who are you and why am I reading your blog?!

1/22/07, 4:45 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

so you've got nothing else to blog about?

;)

1/23/07, 4:58 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I'm sitting here at my desk at work, laughing my ass off. This post is so very Cynthia. You are too funny.

1/23/07, 8:40 AM  
Blogger celia said...

what's going on? I blink and you've posted three times?!!

I'll have to remember that you have an elephant's long-term memory. Unfortunately, I don't so I'll probably forget that and make the mistake of arguing with you.. ;)

1/23/07, 3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! I'm exactly the same way.

1/23/07, 3:07 PM  
Blogger YarnThing said...

I am so with you girlfriend!

MarlyKnits
www.knitthing.blogspot.com

1/23/07, 3:53 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

That totally cracks me up and is such a you statement!

1/24/07, 11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course I still want to be your friend. I love a challenge!! *L*

All kidding aside, I like you just the way you are, and because you are just the way you are.

1/25/07, 10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a member since August 2002. What does that say about me that I had to go and check? ;)

3/2/07, 8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home