"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Finished pic of clapotis

Please ignore that end there... it's still there, and it'll stay there. I am sorely dilemmafied by the state of affairs here. Though the yarn label said to knit on 5s, I almost broke my wrists trying. I had to move up to US8s to get a good tension. So... by the time I finished the increase section, this mutha was WIDE. Fearlessly, I knitted on. I had 650 yds (2 skeins) of the yarn, and according to the pattern... enough. Get up to the decrease section, and I begin to have those tinglies in my tummy. Gentle reader, you know of which tummy timglies I speak. Your fingers then join in, going, "uh oh... the yarn looks like it's gonna run out."

True enough, as soon as I began the decrease section, I knew I was doomed. DOOMED. I consulted with a few ppl about what to do.... rip back and take out a few repeats of straight section and have it be shorter? Rip it all the way back to the increase section, take out a couple, and have it be a narrower/longer scarf. I much preferred option b, but I was told to go with option A. Since it's for the shop, I went with the shop owner's directive. I ripped back at least 2 straight sections, and I STILL ran out of yarn. Crappity crap. I hate it. If I could pull a Mrs. Weasley and have magic knit this mutha for me, I'd rip it back. I hate that I had to finish out in lamb's pride (the only worsted weight yarn I had that matched).

Anyway, I loved working with the yarn. Springy. Quick to knit up. But, I'm unhappy with the FO b/c it's for display at the shop and I'd have liked it to look more professional. (i know, waaah waaah waaah. that's me. pity party pity party).

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger maryse said...

it's very pretty. stop boo-hoo-ing.

so you watched the game ... i couldn't watch. i just kept flipping channels back and forth.co

1/22/07, 4:46 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

That clap sounds very frustrating. But - it's done!!

1/22/07, 9:48 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

It's fine...stop worrying about it already! Sheesh!

1/22/07, 9:50 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

That's most unfortunate but, on the bright side, that's also finished. :-)

1/22/07, 10:22 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

The Clapotis looks great. I think the pattern actually calls for 750-800 yards, which might be why you ran out. I know originally the Clap said 3 skeins, but it seems most people needed more than the 3rd. It looks fine. I know it's not how you wanted it to be, but really it's fine.

1/22/07, 10:36 AM  
Blogger Terby said...

Pretty colors for the clap. No one will notice the end - it looks good.

1/30/07, 8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home