"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Sunday Surprises!!!

So today, I was TOTALLY surprised by the PACKAGES that came on a SUNDAY! From the USPS. I kid you not. Right before I was dashing out the door for my all day long meeting, the mailman rang the door and delivered two packages. One from Amazon.com (um... where I guess maybe I ordered myself a birthday present?) and one from Chris. I won a contest over on her blog on HER birthday, and the prize arrived on MY birthday!! Neat, huh?

Let's see what I got.



I got a skein of STR in the Rainforest Jasper colorway. A tin (a cute tin!) of Sinamints (with our favorite black cat mascot), black pawprinted tape measure (very handy, even though I own 5-6 of these, but can never find one when I need one), and two bars of YUMMILICIOUS dark chocolate. AND two mix CDs!! I can't wait to pop them in and listen, which I'll do a soon as finals are over. I guess I could listen to them now, but I have to concentrate on finals instead of my music (have you noticed how you need to pay more attention to 'new' music?)

The choc. definitely came just in time, seeing as I am not a HUGE lover of choc., and usually only crave it when my friend George comes for his monthly visit. Well, he's visiting now, the inconsiderate wretch! If you look close enough, you'll notice that one bar of chocolate looks a litte... disheveled.

I also treated myself, on my birthday (thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone!), and cast on for the endpaper mitts.



It took me longer to cast on than to knit the cuff and the first repeat of color work. That italian tubular cast on, while ingenious in it's simplicity, is also maddeningly difficult to keep straight (did my right hand go left or right last time? DANG IT!) I love working on it, but i need to set it aside for now, so that i can focus on school. My goal is to make it to the SnB meeting tonight. (b/c now it's monday, b/c it took me a day to take pics and blog)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy BIrthday, by the way! Love the endpaper mitts.

12/11/06, 12:45 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

You're very welcome - I'm especially glad it arrived on your birthday (and that the chocolate was especially timely)! That Sunday delivery must be a Boston metro area thing, because V got her package Sunday, too.

Hang in there. :)

12/11/06, 1:50 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Happy Belated Birthday! That's awesome that you received your package on your birthday! Love it. I love the beginning of your Endpaper mitts as well. Looks great and the color you chose is really popping against the dark background.

12/11/06, 2:31 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

wow those mitts look pretty.

12/11/06, 6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oo! Excellent choice on the colors! Those are going to look fantastic!
Oh, wait - they already do. :-)

12/12/06, 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home