"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Still feasting

but the famine will begin tomorrow. Both in food, knitting, and posting on the blog. I've been working on the clapotis redux (um... retrois?) almost non stop. can't stop knitting on it. I love the colors and the hand of this yarn. Initially, I was concerned about the thinness (i'm using US3s, which is for most ppl, a US2) but it's alpaca, and it's plenty warm. No pics, b/c I'm not smart enough to remember to take one in the midst of all the picture taking

The biggest news of the day... my mittens, hand knit by Celia came today!! They're my early b-day pressie from her. I love the color, I love the cable, and I love the fit!! I'm especially glad she did the thumb gusset on the side, b/c it feels unnatural (to me) for the gusset to be in the front.




aren't they purty??

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger celia said...

They arrived, and they fit!!! Woooohoooo! Happy (early) birthday, Cyn :)

11/27/06, 5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Nice!
Good, um, luck on the famine...

11/27/06, 6:01 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wow, they are lovely!!!

11/27/06, 6:52 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Those look toasty! I bet you'll need them this winter :)

11/27/06, 11:36 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

dude, when's your birthday? are you a december girl like me?

11/28/06, 4:22 AM  
Blogger Terby said...

Those are pretty! Good luck with the re-entry. Vacation is nice - the return, not so much, usually.

11/28/06, 5:59 AM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

Oh they are SO pretty!

11/28/06, 7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice!

11/28/06, 7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, those are pretty. I bet they're warm, too.

11/28/06, 7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh pretty mittens! I agree on the thumb gusset, but my husband is a firm believer in the front. It just doesn't feel right to me though.

Your hands will be toasty warm, that's for sure.

11/28/06, 8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice!!

11/28/06, 11:25 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

they look awesome. lucky girl. lucky warm girl.

11/28/06, 11:44 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Happy Early birthday indeed! Very lovely gift from Celia. They look great. I'm with you on the famine . . .in many ways, but not blogging! :-)

11/29/06, 10:20 AM  
Blogger Nik said...

I love how that cable travels the length of the scarf. it simple but great.

11/29/06, 3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home