"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Promised picture!

First, a mini rant.
Stupid Sony! To save time, I was just going to download the imaging software from their website... oh no. They don't have it available. In fact, if I really had lost the disc/software, I would've had to PAY to get another copy. That's BS, if you ask me.

But I looked (and looked) and where was it? Where it should've been. When I moved, I had put the software I knew I would need for the new laptop into an expanding folder (which also held other important info like my birth certificate, the medical records for the cats, my new lease, info about the new school, etc). Was it there? No. Because I had taken it out and uploaded it to the new laptop (the now stolen laptop). So... the question was... where did I put it after I used it? It was in the main filing cabinet under "computer software." Sure, sounds obvious to all of you, but you all don't know how much I avoid filing. (b/c someone gets a wee bit obsessive compulsive when she files, so it takes hours. HOURS!!!)
There. Happy? I've got about 4 repeats done on the back of Starsky, which I love knitting (but it is NOT a mindless knit). I redid the chart from knitty, b/c those backslashes and the little symbols were too confusing for little old me. It's a beautiful knit, made more beautiful by the soft hand of Malabrigo and this gorgeous colorway (azul profundo). This same color is what Michelle is making her Wicked out of... coninky dink? Nope. We made the trade (in which I got three skeins of lovely Olive) when we went on the first malabrigo binge. I'm scared. Scared that this yarn might ruin me for all other yarns.


here's a pic of the clapotis for the store. Which, did you hear that there's a sale this weekend?

I'm on the decrease section, and biting my nails that I've got enough yarn to finish. If I had a magic wand, I would redo the whole thing and make it narrower (the thing is a beast) and longer.

That's it for now. Classes have started and I need to haul my butt over to the library to go kill a couple thousand trees. Even though most of my classes have a textbook, I have to print out journal articles too. About eleventy seven million of them.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger WandaWoman said...

Yay! Pictures. Ohh, I got to see Michelle's start to Wicked last night and it's looking great. I do like that colorway Azul Profundo. One day I will cave and buy some Malabrigo. The Clapotis looks beautiful too. I hope that you have enough yarn.

1/20/07, 12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Starsky looks lovely. Malabrigo sounds scary. What if I get hooked right away?

Grr to Sony! and all annoyances.

1/20/07, 1:18 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

oooo, love them both! an i hear ya on the sony crap! same thing happened me... those buggers!

1/20/07, 8:05 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

LOL - I hate it when I outsmart myself, like you did with your software... Gorgeous Starsky and Clapotis!!

1/21/07, 12:21 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Okay, so you know that you need to share your new chart for Starsky with me, right? I'm planning on making mine in my Lettuce colored Malabrigo. I think that it's going to be my next sweater after I finish my Sienna Cardigan. Your's looks great!

1/22/07, 9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOoooooooooo pretty! I hope you can keep the momentum going because I want to see this one finished. I know it's freaking cold there and wouldn't this be great to wear this winter. :D

1/23/07, 4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home