"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

on why extensions are a good thing

Extensions on my taxes, extensions on my assignments.... good things.

The best thing? An extension of my birthday celebration!!! Lookee what the postman (quickly becoming my FAVORITE person in Boston) brought me today!

Of course, I knew a box was winging it's way from Denver, b/c a little sheepie told me so. But this is a big old box. Who else, besides a knitter, gets a birthday present in a BROWN SHEEP YARN COMPANY box?



Inside (and i'm sorry I couldn't contain my excitement and take a picture of the box JUST opened, but well...) the box had SO many goodies! it took me over 30 minutes to unwrap it all.

Here's the loot:


You see how SOMEONE thinks that all of this stuff is for him? He's actually mostly concentrating on that bit of ribbon sitting in front of his face. Curling ribbon is his most favorite thing ever, even if he has to hork it up later (sorry). Even if it means incurring the wrath of mommykhan (oh, did I just let loose what a big ST geek I am?)... b/c I definitely smacked him a good one for chewing on my presents.

Let's get some details of the goodies!!
First up, a big tin o cookies, handmade by Tiffany and her mom, Carmen. I immediately had to sample (gingersnaps? ( i think, i don't know names of cookies very well, but i'm an expert in taste.), chocolate and butterscotch/peanut butter cookies, AND these yummy coconut cookie bars). Oh MY.

Touchme touchmetouchmetouchmetouchme. From Stacey, her mom Marsha, Jeni, Michelle, and Tiffany. I can JUST barely manage to not cast on this very second, minute. It's in a beautiful steel-blue-grey which will go with both of my winter coats! I hear tell that there was some concern about color choice, but I always trust Michelle.

Stacey got me these BEEYOOTIFUL ginghers! I have a pair in a a light green, but these are SO much more me! And besides, who doesn't need a few good pairs of sharp scissors?



Joanne sent the awesome Knitting Expereince color book (so fitting... esp since I just joined the Stranded KAL), Michelle got me a copy of Yarn Harlot's latest bookbookbook, and Kim sent the Bug's Life movie (woohoo!!). Big plans this weekend to sit around, knit on the endpaper mitts (after referencing the new colorwork book to see if I'm doing it right), then watch A Bug's Life and cast on for the Touch Me Scarf (from scarf style). And eat cookies. of course.
Last, but not least, what will I be wearing while I do all that? These cute as all get out sheepy pajama pants! I have a thing about pajama pants. I love buying them and wearing them. I think maybe I should call them lounging pants, b/c I actually don't wear them while I'm sleeping (i hate it when stuff bunches up when I twist and turn). ANYWAY! Do you see the cute little sheepies on these? They're from Nachaele!!!

I am so fortunate to have such awesome friends. I feel a little peevish/ungrateful when I wish that I could still be in Denver too, but gifts like these only show you (and me) the tip of the iceberg in how much these people mean to me. I know I've got 5-6 yrs ahead of me in this doctoral program, but I'm already looking forward to moving home when I'm done.

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes and presents. I wish I could've celebrated it with all of you!

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Hurray--I'm glad it finally arrived! I love those sheepy pants(I have a pair of those too). Enjoy your weekend--it sounds heavenly :)

12/13/06, 4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soooo glad you finally got the box!! We sure miss you too but hoped we could send you a little Denver cheer. :D

12/13/06, 4:43 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

yeah yeah whatever. i know i know boston sucks.

you can wear the sheepie pants to the bizarre bazar on saturday if you want.

12/13/06, 6:43 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

ooh its great!! sooo nice to be loved by such thoughtful friends!

12/13/06, 7:47 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

WOW. So much birthday love!! Hmm, I'm feeling the need to switch to pajama bottoms from sweats, because those are seriously cute.

12/14/06, 6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Toucha-toucha-toucha-Touch Me!"
(Okay, I'm sure I'm late on that bandwagon. But I couldn't resist.)
Yay! birthday extensions! What a gorgeous collection of stuffs. Enjoy the slouchy weekend!!

12/14/06, 9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee, hee I have the same pajamas. Although I've lost the tops to them.
But my robe matches them too.

12/14/06, 10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! It's always good to have friends to come home to.

12/14/06, 12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that everything got there okay. You're missed, Cyn!

12/14/06, 8:48 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

I'm glad that you received your box and got lots of great goodies. You are definitely missed here. Be on the lookout for another box, but it's from Amazon so it may get there just in time for Xmas, sorry for the bad timing.

12/15/06, 12:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! I didn't realize you were in Boston now... we should meet up sometime.

12/19/06, 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home