"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Houston, we have lift off!!

I've got a laptop again! And my brother bought me (for my b-day/Xmas gift) a new iPod, so I'm all recovered from my break in (for the most part). I can't wait to get the computer all configured so I can show you all some pictures (I don't even remember what I owe you in pictures).

I'm most excited to show you my newest project ... Starsky using my malabrigo in Azul Profundo. You know how Linus (from Peanuts) is so attached to his blue blankie? That'd be me with the malabrigo. This yarn has the. most. incredible. feel. In a convo with Celia, she told me that she thought the malabrigo was kind of... scratchy. She must've gotten a bad bad skein. Maybe a skein of Rio de la Plata masquerading as Malabrigo.

I know. I wasn't supposed to cast on for Starsky or Noro Kolsva until I had finished up

1) Robin Hood (need to finish seaming and weaving in ends. maybe make a tassel/pom pom)
2) clapotis for the shop. I had a small tragedy. I ran out of yarn. So, I can either rip back a bit and make the clap a bit shorter, or rip WAY back and make it narrower (which... if it were for me, I would want).
3) clapotis for me (almost there!... almost)
4 and 5) baby gift knits. (both are 90% done).

Maybe I dedicate this weekend to finishing. Maybe.

I've moved to the 'new' blogger, and I like it! I love labelling, though I think I might be getting to specific with my labels. We shall see.

It's chilly chilly brr brr here. School has started back up, so I'm training myself for living off very little amts of sleep.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I'm so glad to hear that you have a new laptop and an ipod!! Looking forward to seeing a Malabrigo Starsky.

Do you have increased security and locks at your place now??

1/17/07, 6:33 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Of course you started Starsky, that's not surprising. I want to see the completed Madli or Fair Isle Jazz or the . . (I know, you just want to hit me, it's ok!!!:-))You're right, Celia must not have gotten a good skein of Malabrigo. That stuff is like butter, it's so soft. It's insanely soft. I love the labelling on the new blogger too. Good luck with school.

1/17/07, 10:29 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

malabrigo is THE BEST! your gonna be soooo cozy around campus! That Azul color is mt fav of the line..... I want to make a big comfy sweater one day....
Its really cold here, actually they basically closed the city down! (atleast west houston) ice EVERYWHERE! I saw on the weather channel a segment called "When Texas Freezes Over" So is Texas Hell? I know its hotter than Hell in the summer time! Just thought I would ask our resident genius ;)

1/17/07, 3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for getting a laptop and an iPod! And possibly posting pictures.

Finishing is sooo tedious but turns out to be the only to actually get FO's. Who knew?

1/18/07, 12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh...cant wait to see starsky...i've been thinking about that one.

1/19/07, 12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may like it, but it made bloglines drop you! I've missed so much -- I have to go catch up now...

2/6/07, 8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home