"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Monday, December 18, 2006

Just when you think...

you're starting to give a place a chance...
I survived my finals. Even though I remembered later that I had forgotten to add something to at least one final, I survived. On Saturday, Maryse, Adrian and I met up for breakfast, then the Bizarre Bazaar. I remember thinking some fond thoughts of Boston as I took the T into Coolidge Corner,... along the lines of "hey, I really enjoy this public transportation thing!" and some thoughts of "wow, ok, the buildings are old with bugs and mice, but they sure are pretty from the outside" (for the most part). I had a terrific time with the girls, and am especially glad we made it to the BB early, b/c when we left, there was a LOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG line... and I don't do so well waiting. you know.

We headed down to Newbury street for some window shopping. I saw some sweaters that I wanted to buy, but could probably knit. We even enjoyed some crusty bread and drinks at Bertucci's. Then I joined some classmates at a holiday party, and had fun kicking ass at Scrabble (I'm a wee bit competitive and my 8 yr old partner and I made an 108 pt word, which included the 50pt bonus!... on 2 glasses of wine, no less!!!... ok. i was a wee bit impressed with myself, and thus begins the story of hubris).

On Sunday, I joined the lovely Wendy, and her family (DH and 4 furbabies), and friends for a day of relaxation. She gifted me with some b-day love (which I took pics of, but can't show you). I'm thinking, for barely knowing anyone, a girl can sure fill up her dance card pretty fast around here.

I came home a bit late... and found that someone has broken into my apartment. Stolen the laptop, the ipod, and a few other items of value. Guess what idiot doesn't have renter's insurance?

and so we're back to "Boston Bites"

ps. pics probably won't show up for awhile... not until someone gets a replacement laptop. :(

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooh f%#! what the hell is that??? that's b.s.! sorry, cyn:(

12/20/06, 12:23 AM  
Blogger V said...

OMG! This is the second boston-knitter getting their laptop ripped off that I've heard of in ONE month?!?!? What the HELL? I'm so sorry!

12/20/06, 5:28 AM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

Oh no!!! Happy Holidays to you huh? What is WRONG with people?

12/20/06, 7:20 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

NO!!!! Oh, Cyn, I am SO SORRY to hear that. :( But you and the kitties are ok, right??

*hug*

12/20/06, 7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The holidays are always a bad crime time up here, I think, and they said on the news Boston is worse than usual this year. But speaking as a person who hated Boston when she moved here, give it some time. Once you get used to it, the area kind of grows on you. At least, it did on me (in a good way, not like a fungus;)

12/20/06, 7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry!

12/20/06, 8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that sucks, what a way to end what sounds like a really nice time.

Hope you are able to replace your stuff quickly and at clearance rates.

12/20/06, 8:39 AM  
Blogger Allegra said...

Oh no! How awful! I hope you can replace your stuff without too much hassle!

12/20/06, 9:26 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

So sorry to hear that. I was so sure you had renter's insurance. Better get that soon. At least no one was hurt and you're ok. It does suck that this happened, but you weren't there and the things can be replaced.

12/20/06, 10:32 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

(((hugs))) What a nightmare--what's up with Boston? Maybe it's time to get a big dog to go along with the cats. Hang in there; maybe Santa will bring you a really cool super laptop :)

12/20/06, 11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! After such a nice day, it's doubly mean. ''

12/20/06, 12:09 PM  
Blogger Cathi said...

I'm so sorry- I hope that you're able to get replacements (even though I know that's not the same) soon.

12/27/06, 8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh! I hate first floor apartments for that very reason. Will you have replacements in time for the new semester?

12/31/06, 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home