"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Who can I pay...

to do this crap for me? I hate seaming. I hate weaving in ends. The details kill me, b/c you spend SO much time doing these things, and they aren't really appreciated or noticed (unless they're done badly). Kind of like how I don't mind washing pots, pans, plates, glasses... but I hate washing forks and spoons.

However, I did manage to totally finish (um, er, well. with the exception of washing/blocking) a baby project, and the clapotis for the shop. I took pics of both, and will show the clapotis, but not the baby project. Not until it's been gifted.

Three more projects that are in the immediate future to finish
1) my winter weight clapotis. I need it. I want it. it's freezing here in boston. I need the alpaca please!

2) baby project #2. It needs an appendage (sleeve/leg) and many ends to weave. The many ends may be the end of me.

3) Robin Hood Jacket. sew on sleeve, sew up seams. I've woven in about 95% of the ends.

Did you all watch the football games today? I yawned through (why didn't I take a nap?) during the Bears vs Saints, but O.M.G.!!! The Patriots vs Colts game was all that a game should be when two terrific teams are playing for a spot in the championship game. It was SO good that I wasn't even upset that a fellow Wolverine lost. It helps that there are two Wolverines on the Colts team. Can I sue the NFL if I get in trouble tomorrow in class for not having anything to say?


ps. I declare a universal moratorium on any type of activity in which the reproduction of humans may occur. At least amongst ppl who are close enough to me that I feel excited enough for you that I begin to plan knitted gifts for your baby (did you follow that?). Seriously.

pps. please leave comments on cute baby hats/booties patterns that you recommend. Quick, easy, but CUTE are the requirements please.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

actually, you can pay someone:

http://www.knitsfinished.com/

1/21/07, 9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

first off....
i'll do your forks if you do my pans. Deal?

second....dont tease us with pics of clapotis...show us girl!! cant wait to see it...

1/21/07, 10:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

The kimono in MDK is adorable and must be speedy, since it uses a miniscule amount of yarn. The baby bolero from One Skein is cute and fast, if you modify it to be seamless (and minimal finishing!!!).

1/22/07, 9:45 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Maybe you'll get the itty bitty hats books. It's a very cute book, from what I've seen. I have one pattern for a baby hat. I can send you the link, but I don't think it has a picture. It's just a top-down hat, but I used some baby cute pastel variegated yarn with a topknot, but I'm not sure what level of cuteness you're looking for. Plus I used a baby sock pattern instead of booties. There's also a pattern from Interweave that has some baby bootie socks that .pdf if you want it. Just email me and I'll send them to you when I get home tonight.

1/22/07, 10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting everything finished up you wanted to this weekend! Don't stress about the shop clapotis. It'll be fine!

1/23/07, 4:48 PM  
Blogger Terby said...

I always mess up the finishing. I'd have some more FO's, if I wasn't so aware of the fact that I'm going to make a mess of it. That's why I dig socks so much. Hard to screw up.

1/30/07, 8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home