"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

In the blink of an eye...

before you know it, you've been blogging for TWO years. Knitting for 2.5
How much can change in two years? I've made lovely, wonderful friends through the blog world. I've created lasting relationships with people that I've met in person (you know, I started to list them, but there are too many), those that I've met via blogworld, and the awesome relationship I've developed with yarn. The last relationship is probably the only one that isn't all together healthy, but we can't all be perfect.

I've tackled lace, cables, fair isle, and dropped stitches. I'm still battling the UFOs and WIPs, but I don't see any resolution for those battles anytime soon. I've gone from a master's program to a PhD program, from Denver to Boston (oh, I guess I should change that in the sidebar, huh?). In other words, blogging and knitting have enriched my world... in so many terrific ways.

Ok. Enough sap.

SOMEONE wanted a picture of my new chart for Starsky. I had found all those slashes and symbols too confusing, so I rewrote it to look like this:




Since I also have short term memory issues... I included the key:




That's it for now folks. I worked on Robin Hood last night (i attached the sleeve, sewed up the second side seam) but need to still sew up the sleeve and weave in about 10 more ends... and decide if it needs a tassel. To tassel or not to tassel?

I've got one more gift knit, then I get to just knit for myself for a bit!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Happy blogiversary!! :) You've only been knitting for 2.5 years?! Wow. You go, girl!

1/25/07, 2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary m'dear! So happy you started knitting and that we've become friends.
Nearly there on Robin Hood. SOooo excited for you to be done with that. It's been your version of the damn clapotis hasn't it?

1/25/07, 3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 years!!! Congrats!!

1/26/07, 1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary!

That chart is a clever idea. It's easier to remember RC is a right cross rather than /.

I'm partial to tassels, but it does depend on the situation.

1/26/07, 6:01 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Nice chart--looks much easier to read.

Happy Blogversary :)

1/27/07, 9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 2 year Blogiversary!

1/27/07, 10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy blogiversary big tuna!!
(tell me you watch "the office").

1/31/07, 10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Robin Hood Jacket needs a tassel, IMO. The hood would look awfully weird and pointy without it, honestly. The tassel weighs it down just enough so you've got this cute little folded down bit in back instead of a gnome hood.

I'm sure the recipient of the sweater will love it - I knit one for each of my kids and they would wear their sweaters every day if I'd let them (and if the boy hadn't outgrown his, boohoo).

1/31/07, 11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"awesome relationship I've developed with yarn. The last relationship is probably the only one that isn't all together healthy"

What? what? what? Y'y'y'ou mean that it's unhealthy? I'm feeling faint! *L*

2/5/07, 6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home