"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

"patience and fortitude...

conquer all things?" Who does Ralph Waldo Emerson think he is anyway? Some great thinker or something?

I've blocked the front and back, plus one sleeve of Kolsva. Why one sleeve? Because I only knit one sleeve so far. I knit the first 20 rows about 3 times, b/c I felt like the sleeves were BIG. Then, I noticed that on the pattern picture, she's only got 3/4 sleeves. DURH. I don't want 3/4 sleeves. I want regular sleeves and a regular sweater please. So, I increased 2 stitches (one stitch at each side) every 14 rows, 3x. then every 8 rows, 2x. Then I followed directions for the sleeve cap. Well, when I finally measured the sleeve, it seemed maybe too long. So, I decided to block and seam up the front, back, and one sleeve to make sure the sleeve length was correct before I knit up sleeve #2.

This Kochoran yarn takes FOREVER to dry. It's been 24 hrs, and the pieces still aren't dry. I had hoped to have a one sleeved sweater to show for my spring break knitting.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats pretty bad, especially considering how brutally dry it is there...maybe you need to stick that baby near the heater vent...

3/12/07, 1:45 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Do you have a ceiling fan? That always speeds up my blocking.

3/12/07, 7:04 AM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

I had trouble getting Kochoran to dry too! And it grew whenit dried!!

3/13/07, 10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you having fun yet?

See, your sweater is telling you something. If you were in Denver, it would have been dry in 10 minutes! So when are you coming back again for a visit?

3/14/07, 1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That whole ordeal sounds suspiciously patient......

3/16/07, 1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home