"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Fat Cat

So, Danger kitty is at the vet, undergoing an ultrasound to determine whether he needs an endoscopy. He's lost a lot of weight recently, and I'm one worried mama. I made them weigh him when I dropped him off, and he's gained a bit back in the last month or so (about 1/2 lb), so I'm glad of that. I think I have a picky picky eater. I have bought, in the last couple of months, about 6 different brands of dry cat food. Out of sheer desperation, I bought some IAMS, which he used to eat (from birth til he was about 10 or so). He's been gobbling it up, so Iams it will be. (the vet just called and said nothing showed up on the ultrasound, I'm not going to do the endoscopy b/c it's an invasive procedure, and after Xrays, bloodwork, poopwork etc etc, you just start feeling like you're a Munchausen mommy). I've got one very very fat cat, and one cat who's now on the skinny side of normal. I think the twice a day wet food feedings are going to stop, but the never ending buffet is too convenient to change.

I've finished the cowl neck of Kolsva, and am going to cast on the sleeves tonight. I'm a bit dilemmafied b/c I'm not sure if I should use remnants of 2 balls of Noro Transitions (left over from the body pieces and the cowl) or to wind up the last two skeins and knit them at the same time to ATTEMPT matchy matchy sleeves.) I know I've promised pics FOR-E-VA. Tonight, I swear. The camera's charged, I'm on spring break, I've got no excuse. Maybe I should define spring break, in case you all think I'm just sitting here eating bon-bons watching my 'stories.' (aka soap operas). On 'break' means I get a chance to do schoolwork that I don't have time to do during the normal schoolweek. So far, I'm doing the assignments due for next week, then I've got lots of big projects to work on... which total about 90 pages of written work by the end of the semester (three big projects, about 30 pgs each). Oh... where did I go? So, the plan for this week was to work on schoolwork during the day, and do whatever I want at night (last night, I went to go see a MOVIE!!! at the THEATRE!!! I saw Notes on a Scandal with Dame Judi Dench! Terrific movie, acting was superb). Came home, watched American Idol and went to bed. I live a glamourous life, no?

AIEEE! I almost forgot the entire point of the post today. Cristina is coming to Bean Town, so we've got plans, baby! I want to go to breakfast then hit the shops! First up would be the Classic Elite warehouse. They had me concerned b/c the website says they don't sell to individuals, but when you call, they tell you that they have a shop with discontinued and seconds. Whew! She needs to be somewhere by early/mid afternoon, but I'm sure we'll do some damage.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Poor Danger kitty! I have to feed May in the bathroom, because she can't eat grain (stinky!!) and Chaos has a FLUTD diet. *sigh*

Looking forward to pictures of Kolsva!! Enjoy your break - and just think - your life is wilder than mine! :)

3/7/07, 11:08 AM  
Blogger Oiyi said...

I am glad to hear that they found nothing wrong with your kitty. It's so hard when one of our cherished pets gets sick.

So jealous of you going to the Classic Elite Warehouse!

3/7/07, 11:18 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Oh, I'm so glad that Danger is ok. That's great. You must tell me how you liked the Classic Elite Warehouse. You may have to take me when I come out there!! That or WEBS or both!!! ;-)

3/7/07, 1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whew! I'm glad nothing came up on the scan for Danger and that you found a food he'd eat. I wonder if his sniffer just isn't working as good as it used to so other foods didn't smell apetizing.
I'm sure Kolsva will turn out great. Can't wait for those photos!
And do some damage at the Classic Elite place for me. :D

3/7/07, 2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope Danger Kitty is all better soon! poor baby. And I do mean both of you.

Is there anyone who really gets to sit around, watch the stories and eat bonbons or is that some myth men pass around? Because no one I know has ever been able to do that.

3/7/07, 4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home