"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Kolsva pics. As promised.

So close. Yet SO FAR. I need to do both sleeves, which I anticipate will take me a few tries. Probably b/c I'm a stubborn cuss and will be knitting one sleeve with the remnants of a couple of balls but will end up ripping it out b/c it won't match the other sleeve. Eh.



I'm using US 10.5s. I've used about 3.5 skeins so far of the Noro Kochoron color 10. I've added 2 inches to the length (BEFORE SHAPING) on the front and back. I picked up 112 stitches instead of 110 so that I could get an even k2, p2 rib along the cowl (total stitches were 136). I knit for 6 inches on the cowl, then did a three needle bind off (instead of binding off, then joining to the inside). I'll take a more detailed pic next time, but I think that this is the very first project that involves picking up of stitches (besides felting projects) that I'm happy with my picked up stitches. Never you mind that I had to pick up, rip out, pick up, rip out, pick up, rip out, and pick up in order to be happy. OCD much?

Hmm. I think I also made a modification on the front of the sweater... Oh yes. Though I added 2 inches to the length before shaping, I started the neck shaping at 12 inches as indicated by the pattern and did the shaping at the same time (which results in a deeper neckline). I did this modification b/c when my friends made this sweater, it seemed like the neckline was a lot higher than the pic on the pattern.

(now... wasn't that more detail than you wanted?)

Tomorrow: pics of Classic Elite's warehouse (if they'll let me), Wild and Woolly in Lexington, and any stash enhancing that I reward myself with for being such a dedicated student. (cough cough)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Wow! Very detailed! ;) It's looking good - have fun tomorrow (or rather, later today).

3/8/07, 12:00 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Yay, actually pictures! (just teasing you). Kolsva is looking great. Save yourself the grief and knit the sleeves not using the remnants.

3/8/07, 8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! I love that colorway. You are too funny about matching sleeves. I say it's much easier to ensure they don't match at all so it looks intentional. Though most of your knitting has some sort of "intentional" in it anyway. I'm happy to hear you are happy with your picking up. Having witnessed what you go through when you aren't happy with it.
I'm sure you'll love the FO.
And can't wait to see the damage you do at Classic Elite.

3/8/07, 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home