"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Part 1

What does a "K"nitter do when she's got her back to the wall? SHE KNITS. Not as much as she'd like to, but she manages to get a row (or 10) done here and there.



I've finished part 1. I have to make the matching sock, otherwise, it's kind of wasted, right? I can't wait to wear these with my, um. oh CRAP. I have no crocs. I have one pair of winter type clogs. I refuse to wear socks with birks or tevas (plus, i don't own either). I am a little worried about how delicate the heel in the back looks... but honestly? this yarn was such a pleasure to knit with, i don't mind if i have to knit up more.
















thanks to everyone for the words of encouragement. Comments gave me a great excuse to take a small break from writing/studying. I'm alive (that was kind of my mantra as I was going through these last two weeks of hell... that I would survive... even if I didn't do as well on my projects as I wanted, that i would physically survive. one day at a time, right?)

ps. Guess what plans I have for this weekend? Wanda is coming to visit me, and it just HAPPENS to be the weekend of NH S&W. Fate? Cosmos? Kismet? Serendipity. Whatever you want to call it, I'm not strong enough to resist the call.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger WandaWoman said...

Holy bejeebus, that's a gorgeous sock. I'll be getting some of that sock yarn definitely. I'm so excited! Whew, I'm sure it must be a relief to be done

5/8/07, 10:10 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

GORGEOUS sock.

Hey, any chance you'll be in Colorado for Estes? I will be. :)

Have fun with Wanda!

5/9/07, 6:12 AM  
Blogger maryse said...

dude, i'll be at NHSW on saturday -- look for me. i'll look for you.

5/9/07, 9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh those are great looking socks! I just love them. You have to buy yourself something wonderful to wear them with.

5/9/07, 1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anoynymouse was me, oops, hit the wrong button.

5/9/07, 1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Destiny.

Gorgeous socks!

5/9/07, 2:56 PM  
Blogger Wilma Fingerdu said...

LOVE those socks, I'm making a piar of baby socks right now for a baby shower this weekend...I just finished her baby sweater!

look for pics soon!

5/10/07, 7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you two have fun! Put me down for the record as being jealous. :D

5/11/07, 9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

our motto was always: done is good.

How do I get a hold of that sock pattern? It's beautiful!

Have fun with Wanda!

5/12/07, 11:55 AM  
Blogger Terby said...

I really like the pattern down the heel. I certainly hope you found some new shoes to go with those - they're cute!

5/17/07, 8:26 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Hope you guys had fun!!! Go knit whenever you can ... sanity is underrated. :) (I'm sitting here knitting on a sock instead of preparing grades for p/t conferences tonight, like I should be.) Hey -- I'm coming to Boston this summer!! Dave and I have a limited amount of "date time" in Boston for a day By Ourselves but it'd be fun to swing by and see you for a coffee! We're thinking of spending the night in Brookline so we have easy access to the T (or whatever it's called) - isn't that your neck of the woods?? Let me know ... it's looking like 2nd or 3rd week of June-ish.

5/17/07, 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home