"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

New new new

Nothing new, actually. Not really. Just got back from a quick trip to CA to celebrate a friend's kid's b-day. I'll have pics of the rockin' cake we made soon. I'll be going back (to SF this time, not LA) in August for school related stuff, b/c I am a geeky nerd.

Knitting... on Madli (thanks to the new addi lace needles, I've renewed my interest... on repeat 26, 5 more to go!) and on the sock in Spirit Trail. About to turn the heel on the second sock, then I'm excited to cast on for a new lace project and new socks. Plus maybe a sweater for the fall (it's a stockinette project... either hourglass or a very similar sweater).

I saw this on Kim's blog, and I really wanted this result

You Are the Middle Finger

A bit fragile and dependent on your friends, you're not nearly as hostile as you seem.
You are balanced, easy to get along with, and quite serious.
However, you can get angry and fed up with those around you. And you aren't afraid to show it!

You get along well with: The Index Finger

Stay away from: The Pinky


TOO FUNNY! I don't think it's really true (can we talk nerdily about the psychometrics of this test?) but the middle finger might be my favorite.

My knitting content is lacking b/c I've become obsessed with two different book series. The Anita Blake books by Laurell K Hamilton (kind of grown up and gory Buffy the vampire slayer), and the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. Another vampire series. What's fueling my obsession with vampires? I have no idea. All I can come up with is that vampires and werewolves and zombies are SO NOT REAL that I am loving immersing myself in complete FICTION. I have not had to re-read a single sentence b/c I didn't understand them. Or have to think about the impact of the book for hours afterwards. The only thinking I'm doing is... is she gonna be alive at the end of the book? Is she gonna kill the monster?

Oh! I'm also moving apartments in a couple weeks. Which means I need to pack. And inventory my yarn. SCARY!

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Hee hee - I was a thumb! And - it fits as well as Myers-Briggs... ;)

I love Stookie! Mmmm... Quinn... And I used to really love Anita Blake. I reread them recently, so I could figure out when they deteriorated. I'll have to poke around in my archives for that. 'Cos the current stuff? Takes a friggin' 600 page novel to cover about 18 hours. Have you read her Meredith Gentry books? They're kind of fun, too.

Also, you might enjoy the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher - Harry Dresden, a wizard/PI in Chicago.

5/31/07, 6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? That's right - stay away from me, Cyn, cause I'm the pinky!!! Mwah-hah-hah-hah!!!!

There's a lot to be said for escapism. Enjoy those novels!

5/31/07, 7:16 AM  
Blogger maryse said...

i'm a pinky too. which has me being a little too cheerful, but the independence thing is me to a tee.

5/31/07, 8:47 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I love Laurell(or at least most of the earlier stuff). I'm not sure how far you've gotten but they get really "out there" in the more recent books.

I love vampires, ever since I read Anne Rice's "Interview with a Vampire", but I read the Anita Blake books for one reason--Richard.

LOL--you're the middle finger! I really wanted to be the middle finger--just because it gets used so frequently when I drive around here ;)

5/31/07, 8:51 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5/31/07, 8:51 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

sorry it double posted.

5/31/07, 8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha! I had to take the test *just* because of the psychometrics comment. :-)
Oof, moving. I hope it goes well...

5/31/07, 9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW - Trying to keep busy or something? Wish I could come out to help you move. I'm willing to bet your new place doesn't have a pink tile bathroom... Or am I making too many assumptions. LOL Is this new place the one you mentioned before? The house you'd share with that lady?
I can't wait to see pics of Madli. I love that pattern. I picked up some Addi Lace needles yesterday and used them to cast off on the Spring Things last night. Man those are great needles!!
Hope things continue to go well for you. Miss ya loads.
Oh - and do you wonder if the reason the Harry Potter books are so popular has a tiny bit to do with the complete Fiction aspect of it. :D

5/31/07, 9:34 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Ha ha ... that makes me laugh!! Thanks for the tips on the books ... I've been feeling a little lost book-wise lately.

5/31/07, 11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, hilarious. i guess i'm a "thumbs up" and we "get along". cool.
cant wait for august...what dates did you book?
also...uhmm...YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED!!!

5/31/07, 3:08 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

you've got a lot on your plate, as per your usual, so I'm not surprised. Good luck with the move. The new place sounds great. Glad to see you are still making progress on Madli. Progress on my Diamond Fantasy Shawl is slow, but happening sporadically.

5/31/07, 11:02 PM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

Fun little quiz. I was a middle finger, too. Which is totally how I feel today! Or maybe the entire month of May! Here's hoping June turns into a nicer finger.

6/1/07, 11:17 AM  
Blogger Terby said...

Escapist reading sounds so good right now. I'll have to add those to my wish list for reading. It certainly sounds better than the stack of articles next to me that I'm currently ignoring.

6/1/07, 12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's the new place?!

6/3/07, 8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home