"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Monday, July 02, 2007

Instant Katma's gonna getcha

Sorry. no pics. I have no idea(r) where my camera/computer cord is stashed away. I'm sure I very cleverly put it where I would be able to easily find it. Uh huh - uh huh.

I've started the Mystery Stole madness. I'm using Skaska lace weight yarn that I bought at the Estes wool festival in 2006. A very dark blue/grey called "midnight." Stupidly, I did not swatch. I cast on with my US5s, thinking I used this needle size with helen's lace... nope. Looked horrid. Rip back 30+ rows, cast on with US4s. Work up to row 25ish. Rip-pit. I've settled on US3s. Up to row 47. Cat is next me, napping. We're all one big happy family.

UNTIL.


UNTIL I hear the smack smack smack of little cat lips. Dangling next to the previously very cute cat lips that I like to give kisses to? An end of lace weight yarn.... which is now detached from my WIP.

FUCKER. he's been banished to the floor, while I gather the nerve to see if this skaska yarn will spit join. It's called 'superlamb' which I hope does not mean it won't spit join. Who would need superwash lace weight yarn? I mean, even if it is superwash, it's still LACE.

Off to find some scissors to cut off the ends of the yarn ... only to hope that my own spit will reverse the damages rendered by the cat spit.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe the kitty spittle contains yarn healing powers of which none of us were aware! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

7/2/07, 5:32 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

If not - google Russian join! My savior on lace projects with non-wool or wool blend yarns.

Bad kitty. Was he channeling Mayhem and her snickity snick teeth?

7/2/07, 5:35 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Oh man--if one of my kitties even thought of chewing on my yarn they'd be coming face to face with some truck tires(or at least a bath--which is probably more painful for them). I still haven't restarted my clue--I'm working up the motivation to do it tonight, maybe.

7/2/07, 5:44 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Yikes, crazy cat! I hope that it spit splices. It should Superlamb is just 100% wool. It didn't say anywhere that it was superwash.

7/2/07, 7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kitty spit! Bad kitty. I hope it joins easily! Maybe he was trying to save you from.......nah.

7/2/07, 8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, no! Bad kitty!
What *is* it with eating yarn???

7/3/07, 8:36 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Jesse has yet to "eat" my yarn...this story just might be worse than Kim's.

7/3/07, 10:05 AM  
Blogger Psyched2Knit said...

great seeing you tonight. I started my mystery stole - I already have a ton of mistakes. See you next week.

7/4/07, 12:29 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Ewww! That's worse than my cat's current favourite. They'll curl up on my lap all innocent-like while I'm knitting, and I won't know any chewing has been happening until the yarn I'm knitting with is suddenly soggy!

7/4/07, 4:24 PM  
Blogger V said...

Ooo...bad kitty!
Just popping in to say hi....I saw you at knitting on Tuesday and picked you out from my own little game of "guess the blogger". :) Hope to see you again.

7/5/07, 10:29 AM  
Blogger Terby said...

Good thing you love your furkids.

7/8/07, 9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rotten little yarn-eating stinker! I've got one of those, too - thanks to him I have to put everything away when I'm done with it. I really don't care to revisit the $1500 vet bill for the surgery to remove yarn from any more kitty stomachs...

7/10/07, 7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home