"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Camp Never Wanna Go Home

Last we left off, Michelle and Stacey had come to pick me up. First stop? my fave LYS. Yes yes, I know I now live in Boston, which has MANY A YARN STORE. But you can't really beat being able to have yarn held for you at a moment's notice. I needed some addi lace needles (that's my excuse for asking to go) and ended up with the needles, plus two skeins of



which is tagged for a market bag like Michaele has already made. (they're even cuter when stuffed!)

Sufficiently armed/geared up for camp, we went over to Stacey's house so I could see the new furniture, and so we could watch the dancing show (So You Think You Can Dance) to which Stacey and I are absolutely addicted.

Look what I got!!


I've 'met' Mary Kay through Ravelry and heard tons about her through my grrlz. She asked Stacey what my 'colors' were and gave me some of this gorgeous hand dyed sock yarn! Thanks Mary Kay!! I LOVE IT. The kind of love where I might not knit with it b/c I love it too much. Sounds crazy, but I do this with lots of yarn that I love. Just ask any of the grrlz.

We met up with Stacey's mom (hi Marsha!) and sister (hey Whit!) for lunch at a local vietnamese restaurant. We stuffed ourselves FULL and then headed out for camp.

Other people have already documented something or another about our annual Camp Wanna Knit Knit. Stacey just recently posted pics of our fab gift bags this year, put together by... almost all of us. Kim got us started off by finding the cute mini sock blockers, Stacey, Michelle and I cooked up the custom dyed yarn from Adrian at Hello Yarn. What's yarn without some stitch markers from Hide and Sheep? Michelle rounded out the package by ordering some highlighter tape from Knit Foundry. Seriously folks, you gotta see the pics Stacey took of the awesome bags that Carmen made for us!


I managed to finish knitting Reid (which is still in progress b/c I am still finishing it. I've seamed up the seams, but need to crochet the contrasting edging).





I also finished knitting the lace pattern repeats of Madli. I'm a little scared to knit the second lace edging and graft that onto the center part, but I'm SO CLOSE to the end! I will be purchasing some blocking wires, since I want the edges to be nice and straight. I also cast on for the hourglass sweater, using a beautiful color of Noro Cash Iroha. I was cracking myself up while I was at Michelle's house, just before leaving for the airport to come back to Boston. In the project bag I used for the hourglass, I had packed away 9 (yes, NINE) skeins of the yarn. Ambitious? Optimistic? Stupid? yes, yes, and yes.

I'll finish up camp in another post.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Calling on Kahlo said...

Sounds great. I can't wait to get on Ravelry only 4K people ahead of me. I love your bags and Camp WannaKnitKnit sounded like it was a great year. Do you guys set schedules or topics or is just knitting?

8/2/07, 5:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. all those new aquisitions are gunna leave you fondling + sniffing yarn for a while...

love the little bags from camp...so so cute that stacey.

8/2/07, 6:46 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Nine skeins? Really? If it makes you feel any better, I brought 3 skeins of Classic Silk to finish my Molly Ringwald top, 3 skeins of Noro to finish my Noro Shrug and at least 4 skeins of Malabrigo to work on the Sienna Cardigan. Umm...it turned out that I didn't need any of those extra skeins! Ha! But I sure came prepared!

8/2/07, 8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh - I must have missed the Mary Kay yarn. Pretty! You can always keep a skein, and knit the rest...

8/2/07, 8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty yarn! Camp sounds like fun and the LRHM sounds like he's going to be a handful.

8/2/07, 12:36 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, it sounds like so much fun!

8/2/07, 6:24 PM  
Blogger celia said...

Sounds like so much fun. I bet you'll be fondling your new purchases for a long time to come. Gorgeous colours! Oh and what? You have cast on your hourglass sweater? I am still planning to knit it.. just have to find the time!

8/3/07, 2:00 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Aren't we all so ambitious as to what we'll get done in a weekend? You just think you'll get so much done, but of course you're busy visiting with friends and such, all of that knitting time never really arises. I love that Roxy color of MK's yarn, so pretty. It was great seeing you again!

8/5/07, 11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home