"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

So much to do... so little time.

I have a long list of 'things to do' some of which are much more pleasurable than others.
First, the list in order of preference

1) Crochet the babette blanket. I was actually pulled into this project from Ravelry, and the version I saw used Cotton Ease instead of the suggested Koigu. KOIGU!! Who's sacrificing 23 skeins of koigu? NOT MOI. I've already started. I finally made it down to Graceful Stitches to hang out with Maryse for a little stitch time. She helped reacquaint me with my crochet self. Here are three different squares I've made thus far.



largest square, with magazine for size reference


These two are squares I started w/o looking at the color chart. I really like them, so they'll probably get stuck in the blanket somewhere or another.

2) Finish Reid. 2 sleeves, seaming, and edging to go.

3) Finish rereading HP books, then read book 7.

4) Catch up on Sookie Stackhouse

5) Catch up on Anita Blake

6) Go see the HP movie again, preferably in IMAX theatre.

7) Get paper written up and poster organized for the APA conference in August.

8) write the final paper for that class... the one I took an 'incomplete' last semester. If I don't finish this paper before the beginning of Fall semester, I won't get paid, I don't get to go to class.


Obviously, some of these 'to do' are more important than others. If you're wondering why reading the HP book isn't further up the list... it's b/c it's the LAST book. Once I've read it... that's it. End of story. And that makes me a little sad.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Yay for Maryse and her crochet mojo!

Yeah, I notice that #7 is, well, #7 and not #1... Maybe you can slow down your HP #7 reading by alernating it with paper writing and using it as a reward???

7/22/07, 12:17 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Okay, that is quite the impressive list but you NEED to have HP7 read before I see you Friday :) No pressure.

7/22/07, 12:22 PM  
Blogger Calling on Kahlo said...

Yup, I am working on my paper as I check in on your blog. BTW, Wikipedia has the story of the final book (I don't know if it's 100%), can you believe that? By Friday it was posted. Craziness.

I am working on the data collection of my research paper. Afterwards, I have to type out the analysis and limitations (which that last one is super easy).

7/22/07, 2:46 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I LOVE your cotton-ease version of the babette! Can't wait to see you...only a few more days!! Yay!

7/23/07, 9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second Kim. We have to be able to talk HP7 this weekend!!!

7/23/07, 1:32 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Yay for meeting up with Maryse. It was cool meeting her in NH. Your crochet is looking good.That Babette blanket is pretty neat.

7/23/07, 8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Babette is very pretty!

Clearly #7 and #8 can be completed at any time.

End of story for now. Sherlock Holmes author tried to kill him off and couldn't succeed (and why can't I think of his name?????!!) so maybe JK will cave to pulic pressure in a few years.

7/24/07, 3:09 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

Iam not a good in crochet but when i look at your pic...feel like a what to learn more about crochet!

I just what to say great job your river run socks!

I what to let you know...I just start my KNITTING VIDEO CAST so come and see! Comment me what do you think the cast!

Thanks!

Charles

7/24/07, 4:07 PM  
Blogger Katie Cannon said...

Wow I love your colors they look great together. I can't wait to see more.

7/24/07, 7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've read #7 twice already--I'm such a book glutton. Post when you've read it--I'll be interested in what you think. (I really enjoyed it).

7/27/07, 9:53 AM  
Blogger Oiyi said...

Nice job on the crochet. Wow, that square is big.

7/29/07, 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home