"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

ANTICIPATION!!

I'm so excited for several reasons!! But first, I've lost my knitting mojo on the Mystery Stole #3. I don't know if it's b/c I'm not really sure I like the shape of it. Not like I don't have enough other stuff on the needles...

ANYWAY.
1) I'm finally going to go see the new HP movie this weekend! Seems like no one I know in Boston (all 5 ppl. Ok. maybe... 15) is an HP fan. Sweet Jesus, what's wrong with these ppl? (but i know that people in Boston are fans, b/c there is Potterpalooza going on everywhere).

2) THE BOOK! I'm excited to see how everything turns out for all the characters, but most especially for Ron, Hermione, and Snape. I love Snape. Which is why book 6 broke my heart. What I want from book 7? A nice unhappy ending for Malfoy. Lucius and Draco. All of these HP events mean that this entire weekend will be devoted to HP. Either watching or reading. I will have to exercise some restraint in order to not start reading book 7 before going to see movie 5.

3) On Tuesday (the 24th of July), I fly out to CO to see my friends! YAY! We're having camp again, and we always have a great time. Since I'm staying longer in CO this trip, I'll also be seeing my favorite professors from my master's program, and some other friends too.

I'm itching to cast on for a few new projects that i've found by being nosey on Ravelry. The babette blanket from Interweave Crochet (spring 2006) is calling my name, even though I have no expectant mamas right now... I also want to cast on for Hourglass or T Shirt Sweater. BUT I NEED to finish Reid (knitty) b/c I'm gifting it on July 30th. I guess that takes precedence, huh?

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger WandaWoman said...

Whee! You're so excited, I can feel your excitement over here! I'm glad I'll get to see you soon. Too bad you lost your mojo on MS3. Jeni has already blamed me. I don't know that it will be a diagonal design, or if it starts out that way but ends up rectangular b/c I have seen other lace stoles that start out that way but end up rectangular?

Between you and Michaele, at camp, someone has to teach me some crochet basics. I really want to make the ripple afghan.

I say finish Reid and then @ camp, you cast on for something new, right? :-)

7/19/07, 10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"We'll remove the cause
But not the symptoms!"
(Okay, but my first thought was an old song called "Infatuation." At least this is the right words.)

Have a great HP weekend!!!

7/19/07, 10:32 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

HP? What's that? ;-)

7/19/07, 10:45 AM  
Blogger Calling on Kahlo said...

It sounds like a blast. Sorry no one loves HP in Boston, how strange. WE haven't hit the movie yet, but we will.

7/19/07, 12:44 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Have you hooked up with any of the Boston bloggers? Seems like there are scads of them...

Have fun in Colorado! :) Who's taking care of your babies?

7/19/07, 1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know anticipation is one of the sweet things of life, without anticipation life would be rather boring and hum drum.

Lets see I'm anticipating October 10th, when Nick will be done with treatment and maybe less moody :-)

Oh and I'm anticipating a new bathroom!

Thanks for making me think about anticipation.

7/19/07, 4:06 PM  
Blogger Psyched2Knit said...

have a great trip, and thanks for the advice. School products is definitely on my list! I'm going to "yarn crawl" all day tomorrow - Sans kids!!!! I have put the MS3 aside for now, too, because it was taking up so much time, and I have so much on the needles, that I really felt like I wanted to make some progress that was noticeable. See you Tues if you're around. -dd

7/19/07, 10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the MS3 has been annoying to you and that's why you've lost your mojo on it. Maybe you two weren't meant for each other. It happens.

Yay for going to see old friends! And hopefully for the final installment of HP. (That it ends well, not that it ends.)

7/20/07, 11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home