"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Can you knit TOO much?

This week and weekend, I attempted to see how high/low my threshold is for knitting... Let's take a looksee the timeline.

Wednesday: meet up with Jeni for happy hour sushi at Opal, then knit at Monkey Bean for a few hours.

On Thursday, I stopped by Colorful Yarns and met up with Stacey. We watched the season finale of ER, then the two episodes making up the season finale of CSI. I worked on Donna and helped her knit a sole for a felted clog (someone needed class samples for Saturday).

on Friday, I had my first day working at Colorful Yarns! Tiffany and Carmen asked me if I'd like to work there part time over the summer, so that Carmen could have some time off. Of course I said YES YES YES! Who would say no? (besides them non-knitter people?). I had a few customers and phone calls, but did get quite a bit of knitting in. Michelle met me there after work and we met up with Wanda for some dinner. At Tattered Cover, we knit until close (11pm) with Kim and Jeni.

Saturday, I had an early hair appt (I had to wash that man right out of my hair, er, get rid of my grey), then met up with Michelle, Stacey, Jeni, and Wanda for lunch, then stopped at Colorful Yarns... meeting up with Nachaele. We knit there until close (about 530p), then relocated to Caribou Coffee... until hunger finally drove us to quit knitting (at about 8pm).

Of course, all that time spent at Colorful wasn't for naught. I hear tell that Opal is discontinuing their petticoat line, and since I love the purple/green/yellow colorway so much, I had to get this one too:


Here's progress on Donna so far. She's big on me, so I'm going to adjust the front and armholes so that the finished size will be a bit snug instead of hanging shapelessly on me. What i'm most proud of, is that I'm knitting Donna almost entirely continental/norwegian purl so that i don't have that lag in my ribbing (which all my my knitting friends say isn't bad, but looks horrible to me). I have to say that I enjoy knowing another way to knit, but I miss the speed of my 'regular' technique.

14 Comments:

Blogger celia said...

cant wait to see Donna all done. The colours are a little unusual for you so I'm waiting to see it on!

5/22/06, 12:13 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Oh, I didn't know you were working there!! Tell me when you'll be there some Fri night so that I can come by ... :)

5/22/06, 8:51 AM  
Blogger Cathi said...

Are you sure that's purple? Because it sure as hell looks pink. I'm just saying.

Yay for yarn shop jobs! When are you working, I want to come visit.

5/22/06, 9:39 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Sounds like a lot of knitting fun to me! I've never even seen Opal Petticoat in person and it's being discontinued, alas... Fun/dangerous summer job!

5/22/06, 9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh work in a yarn store, I think my head might explode if I tried doing that.

5/22/06, 12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. A sweater in a new knitting technique? I can barely manage a swatch in continental.
And that is an *awful* lot of knitting. :-)

5/22/06, 7:25 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

donna is going to be beautiful! can't wait... love the opal, very pretty stuff! drool! so you got your knitting fix for the next couple of weeks :) congrats about the store news too! woo-hoo!

5/23/06, 11:05 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Yep, that's a lot of knitting time in. I enjoyed our day on Saturday, but boy was I tired on Sunday. I do like the colorway you selected for Opal too.

5/23/06, 12:25 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

No. Maybe. (On knitting too much).

What's Norwegian purl? I've discovered that I hate purling throw style after knitting continental so long.

5/23/06, 1:02 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

While we're at it, what the heck is knitting Continental??

5/23/06, 4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like a lot of knitting!

5/23/06, 7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang. I didn't realize you'd knit that much last week. I'm surprised you didn't have a new callous or something. :D

5/24/06, 8:45 AM  
Blogger Dreamy said...

I can't way to see it! The colors are... interesting & fun.

5/24/06, 11:16 PM  
Blogger Bianca said...

What are you planning to make out of Opal Petticoat? I am just curious...LOL!

5/25/06, 1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home