"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

I must've made a deal with the Devil

because I've been blessed by the powers that be... with my great news yesterday, and I had a package slip in my mail box last night. Guess what it was?



that's a little teaser... let's back track a bit. If I had more patience, maybe I could've waited til I got home so I could document the unraveling of the package...



but as you can see, someone *peeked* first.

and under all that super cute butcher block paper with paw prints...



yes. that's right. THREE skeins of Brooks Farm Yarn Primero in the San Marcos colorway. THREE. Enough to actually KNIT with (I hear you laughing at me Wanda!)

but wait there's MORE!




Scattered at the bottom of the box were my favorite candies ever. Twix and Jolly Ranchers. I think if you look real close, one of those twix...is just a wrapper. And some scented lotion and spray called Happiness...(I won't need that until I've knit up all the wonderful BFY primero).

So who is this overly generous secret pal?

Tiffany!!Thank you SO much for all the scrumptious yarn. I could now retire from SP exchanges b/c I can't imagine having a better experience. I mean, how many people get spoiled with Brooks Farm Yarn?

I'm overflowing with gratitude and can't wait to put some of this great energy/good feelings back into the cosmos.

11 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

WOW. I bet that gorgeous yarn took the edge off the last days of Stashalong and HOW. YUM.

3/30/06, 8:30 PM  
Blogger celia said...

oh wow... that's so nice! i am hjealous! can i share that yarn with you?

3/30/06, 10:18 PM  
Blogger celia said...

pretty please?

3/30/06, 10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi from Austria! Wow, what an amazing package you received! The yarn is so beautiful, I'm looking forward to seeing what you're gonna make with it!

3/31/06, 12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second what Chris says! And yes, I am laughing at you. But now I'm happy you have some BF yarn that you can knit with! That's such a great gift from your SP. Wonderful goodies in that package.

3/31/06, 6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very, very nice!
And congratulations!!

3/31/06, 8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh what great wrapping paper! And what a beautiful present, your very fortunate.

3/31/06, 9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What wonderful and generous gifts from your no-longer-secret pal!! Brooks Farm is wonderful.

3/31/06, 9:27 AM  
Blogger Calling on Kahlo said...

What are you planning on knitting with the Brooks Farm yarn? I picked some up at the NY Sheep and Wool, and I love it but it sits in my stash whispering to me to be knit. Three skeins? A clapotis?

3/31/06, 4:41 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

WOW! look at those goodies! you made out ;)

3/31/06, 7:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the BF yarn too. I've never seen it though. will it unravel easily for a Clapotis?

4/7/06, 9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home