"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Weekend woes

As I posted over on the Team Colorado blog, I spent Friday evening at Stacey's home. She invited the team over to cast on during opening ceremonies. A nice sized turnout, and some of us stayed pretty late.

here's my progress on Lady Elenor so far... I'm knitting her on size 5s, and I cast on 88 stitches instead of 56 (11 repeates instead of 7). She'll be big enough for what I intended her for (a lap blanket... on which the kitties will sit when I'm on the couch).

The dyer's choice interlacements is a huge hunk of love.

About 7 inches in diameter, and I wound her up TIGHT. If I remember correctly, she's 1325 yards of a silk/wool blend. And here's a closeup of the project thus far.


Everyone seemed to make good progress... but I'm already a bit discouraged about being able to finish in 13 more days. I mean, I can't live in a time warp where I tell everyone in my life "...see you in two weeks after the knitting Olympics!"

A la Bookish Wendy, I spent a bit of time figuring out that I have over 46000 stitches on this puppy. Which means I need to knit about 3000 stitches per day to finish on time. uh oh.

Yesterday, I went to church for a class assignment. I chose this particular church because I scored well on the belief-o-matic. What faith are you?

18 Comments:

Blogger Wilma Fingerdu said...

that's looking really nice. I thought about amkingthat for my mom fo rher bday next month...cant wait to see how it turns out

2/14/06, 1:25 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

the colors are knitting up so wonderfully cyn! see you in 13 days :) i haven't even cated on yet! guess i missed the knitting olympics this time around!

2/14/06, 5:35 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! Great idea to make it as a lap blanket, too.

Thanks for the link to the Belief-O-Matic. Looks like I'm 100% Secular Humanist...

2/14/06, 6:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an interesting quiz! Apparently I'm an Orthodox Quaker. Who knew?

2/14/06, 7:44 AM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

I think it's absolutely beautiful!

2/14/06, 7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just took the belief-o-matic, curious about what it would tell me. It clearly got me pegged at first (100% secular humanist). But it is amazing, given how many answers I gave about there being no god, or it not mattering that I woudl still be 98% Unitarian (just goes to show how little you have to believe to be Unitarian), 76% Mainline Protestant, and even 50% Mormon! I am happy to report that I am most at odds with Scientology (20%). Lots of fun - thanks for pointing me to that!

2/14/06, 9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's beautiful, I love the colors.

2/14/06, 9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, took the quiz, and I'm exactly what I thought I'd be. Interesting quiz though.

I think that your Lady Eleanor looks great...don't be discouraged! I was going to say we should just have a shut in this weekend, since I have Monday off. But damn...you're going to Boston! Silly school, keeps getting in the way of my, I mean your, knitting time!! When do you leave?

2/14/06, 9:23 AM  
Blogger Jae said...

Don't be discouraged! It looks great and remember - the knitting olympics is about the pursuit of excellence not the win or lose.

Thanks for the Belief-O-Matic. I was raised Methodist in my early days and that didn't even show up. Apparently I'm Buddhist or Liberal Quaker!

2/14/06, 10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

L.E. is beautiful.

I think my favorite-est part of the quiz is the disclaimer in red at the beginning. Luckily, it's not binding, because I'm coming back from hell to sue if the quiz is wrong.

2/14/06, 12:23 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Wow, *I* think it's looking gorgeous!! :)

2/14/06, 1:58 PM  
Blogger celia said...

According to beliefnet, the Orthodox Quaker movement is what suits me 100% - uhm.. I'm not so sure.. never met a Quaker in my life!

Love the colours on Lady Eleanor. Great progress too.. keep going girl! You'll get it done soon...

2/14/06, 5:20 PM  
Blogger lesley said...

eleanor looks gorgeous! you'll get there. i have faith :)

2/14/06, 8:07 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Your Eleanor is looking great. I'm already out of the running, so don't feel bad. and I'm 100% Reform Judaism, ok? And lots of other things, very interesting.

2/15/06, 7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eleanor looks great!! You were busy after Friday night. Off to take my own quiz.

2/15/06, 9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That belief-o-matic is interesting. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I came up as a Mormon. I was though. I guess what you grasp as a child doesn't leave you entirely.

2/15/06, 10:28 AM  
Blogger Laurie (Moo!) said...

I think you've made great progress and the Lady looks beautiful.

13 days sounds bad. How about "almost 2 weeks"? Better?

2/15/06, 8:32 PM  
Blogger MissyJoon said...

Your Lady E is lovely--I am knitting one too, and don't believe I will be achieving gold;0( Interestingly, my wrist (the left ) is killing me-- I couldn't even pick up my coffee cup today. I cannot believe that this would be a problem for me! I hope you feel better! Keep knitting

2/21/06, 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home