"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Training...

for the knitting olympics. I wanted to jot down some notes about what I need to do before I can think about the project for the Olympics.

Part of the training will entail practicing more self-discipline. It's hard enough when certain people blog about their victorious LYS purchases and you've joined the stash a long. How much more self-restraint can I possibly have?

Hopefully enough that I can

1) finish the scarf exchange scarf and mittens (need 1/2 a mitten and 2/3 a scarf)
2) complete the fair isle section of fair isle jazz (3-4 more rows?)

and less importantly
3) finish the side panels and inner lining for spork

prior to the olympics. If I can accomplish the first two, then I'll be pretty happy and I'll join the Team USA for the knitting olympics...

I have several ideas of a project for the Knitting Olympics...
but I think the winner is the Lady Eleanor shawl from Scarf Style. I have the yarn already (some dyer's choice Interlacements, purchased from Estes wool festival last year). I figure it's challenging b/c it's over 1200 yards to knit, but there's very little finishing and only (hopefully) 2 ends to weave in (since it's one humongo hank o yarn).

what do you all think?

8 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Go Cyn! Go Cyn!!! You can do it!! :)

1/21/06, 6:38 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Dyer's Choice! That's what my Hourglass is in! I *highly* recommend finding the knitting videos for "knitting backwards" if you haven't tried that yet ... it's SO worthwhile for entrelac. Good luck!! I've been thinking of making this for a while .. so if you make one, that means I'll have to copy you!! :) J

1/21/06, 7:24 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

you can do it! would love it of you joined up too for the knitting olympics!

1/21/06, 7:36 PM  
Blogger Wilma Fingerdu said...

glad to see you are still workign on your exchange too, I'm still working on a hat...

1/21/06, 11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can do it, you can do it! I'm in with you too, provided I can finish up some things. I've been working on my cabled scarf tonight!

1/22/06, 12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can do it, Cynthia!! Go Cynthia! Go Cynthia!

Hope to see you soon.

1/22/06, 12:07 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Hi Cynthia!

I'm a KR member too...and I've just tagged you for a MEME list. Go to my blog for the questions. And Have Fun!

Jennifer
http://rundpinne.blogspot.com/

1/25/06, 6:20 AM  
Blogger Knit Twit said...

I am so jealous! I ended up in Estes the day before the wool festival began and I couldn't convince my 5 year old that another trip to the mountains to look at sheep and wool was a fun thing *g* Next year I will go for sure, lol.

Good luck with the Olympics! It's a lovely pattern, I adore that book!

1/25/06, 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home