The rule of four
No, I am not talking about the book, but kind of my new year's resolution for knitting.
After discussing it ad nauseum with my knitting grlz, I will be limiting myself to FOUR projects on the needles at any given time.
At the height of insanity, I had nine, er, ten. Nothing compared to some, but for me, I had begun to lose focus on the finishing part of knitting.
The list of projects and status.
1) scarf: backyard leaves (knitting portion complete: blocking in progress)
2) scarf and mitten set for ISE: in progress. not due until Feb 15th.
3) scarf: My so called scarf using Manos del Uraguay: on the needles
4) Simple baby pullover: purple cotton ease: complete
5) chunky baby cardigan: green alpaca AL: complete, need to sew on buttons
6) brown cable tank: needs to be seamed together
7) purple soeleil tank: needs seaming
8) spork: in progress
9) clapotis: Interlacements: ripped out due to insufficient funds/yarn.
will re start next year.
10) Rogue hoodie: stalled
That's everything that's not COMPLETELY finis. I don't count 1, 4,5,6,7,9, or 10 as WIPs b/c they are either not progressing at all (10), don't need any actual KNITTING to be considered complete (1,4,5,6,7), or will be ripped out to re-start (9).
Now, either I am the Queen of Denial and Rationalization, or I really don't have that many WIPs! Because, I count three. My ISE set of mittens and scarf, my so called scarf, and spork. which means I get to cast on for something or another!!
This long winded self involved post is where I need YOUR help. What should I cast on for next?
up for consideration:
1) Fair Isle Jazz out of Scarf Style
2) Ene's Scarf out of Scarf style
3) Charlotte's Web
4) felted clogs by Fibertrend. (obligation knitting)
The rule of four of which I am speaking... means that I want four different projects for different purposes
1) a pair of socks: for portability
2) a lace pattern/difficult something or another in which I will learn somthing about knitting.
3) a color pattern
4) a kind of boring pattern which I can knit while watching TV/movies.
now, if i'm really smart, I can combine #1 with either #2 or #3.
the mittens i'm knitting can qualify as socks for now, spork definitely qualifies for #4, and my so called scarf... is almost done.
but for now, i want to cast on for ene, fair isle, or charlotte, and I can't decide which one... wanna help me?