"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

the bestest SP!!

I know many of you may want to argue with me, but I have irrefutable proof that my secret pal is the BEST secret pal of the round!!

Susan has been my secret pal this round, and she managed to spoil me rotten while MOVING! How she managed is beyond me... but she did a beautiful job. She thinks she didn't do enough, and I'm thinking that she already went WAY overboard. So, thanks Susan for being such a great SP!

Here's the latest presents...

We have the HUGE box before I ripped into it with those scissors, and then the CUTEST packaging EVER! It's two hat boxes, one slightly smaller than the other, with cats frolicking on them! oh... you want to see what's inside?


in the first box on the left, we have one skein of laceweight KnitPicks paint your own yarn! 100% merino wool, 100g, at 880 yard! HOW in the world did she know that the next scarf style scarf after Fair Isle Jazz would be Ene's scarf, with which I've been perusing the online yarn stores for laceweight yarn? HOW? AND, a skein of fingering weight, color your own... for SOCKS! Plus, she included two candles, in my very favoritest smells... vanilla and LILAC. MMMM. I can decide if i want my apt to smell like spring (lilac) or home baking.

As if that weren't enough... in box two on the right, we have TWO more skeins of Knit Picks, Wool of the Andes, worsted weight, 100% merino wool, 220 yds each. Cleverly, she included a dye kit from Spinner's choice, with six color dyes inside, each will dye a whole pound of yarn! SIX lbs of fiber!! AND (I know! will it never stop? how much can she pack in there?) she sent some roving...which will be fun to dye, then spin!! I know that if I saw this package on someone else's blog, I would be pea green with envy!! So a big THANK YOU to Susan for being so thoughtful and generous!! WAY too generous (but i'm not giving ANYTHING back).

Now, the funniest thing is that the person I'm spoiling? Her name is Susan too! I just sent off the last package to her today, and I'm excited to hear what she thinks. *of course, it's not the same Susan*

last... my promised pic of spork.

11 Comments:

Blogger WandaWoman said...

I would say great package (heheh), but probably not. You do have a great SP though. She really spoiled you, that's great!

12/7/05, 9:17 AM  
Blogger Wilma Fingerdu said...

mmm candles!

12/7/05, 9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan is my name, spoiling is my game!! He he, I had so much fun with this!! I love to spoil more than getting, and I'm as bad a yarn shopper as you.... I've been banned from yarn shops from my husband :( Thanks for being a great person to spoil and I'm glad you had so much fun!

12/7/05, 10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow I must concur, Susan is the best secret pal ever. You won't know what to do with yourself, your going to have so much fun dying that yarn.

12/7/05, 11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm...
Lilac...

12/7/05, 12:41 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Wow--jackpot! Your secret pal is on par with mine--top of the spoiling scale :)

12/7/05, 2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That's a great haul you got there! It looks like you are all ready to dye some yarn...and now you don't have to use that Lorna's Laces as your first dying project:)

12/7/05, 3:57 PM  
Blogger Wilma Fingerdu said...

I got new twisted sister yarn and Itunes monies from my sp...I LOVE HER!

12/9/05, 10:13 AM  
Blogger Terby said...

Happy birthday!

I hope it was as great as that package of swag. You scored on that one!

12/10/05, 1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to yooooooou!

12/11/05, 10:35 AM  
Blogger Sarita said...

Man...I wish I could have said Happy Birthday by having a baby on the same day but the little person is
content staying in there for the time being...

Either way...Happy Belated Birthday...I hope it was a nice day... :)

12/11/05, 3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home