"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Y-A-R-N is a four letter word

I was driving over to Michelle's house last night for some knitting time, when something caught my eye. Aurora Yarn Supply is an LYS over by her, and its business sign simply says "YARN." Which is just about when I realized that YARN is a four letter word for me. It's dirty, alluring, and irresistable.

Shall we talk about my inability to resist the call of the four letter word? Fortunately, the aforementioned LYS was closed when I drove by, but I made time to visit one of my favorites, Colorful Yarns on Friday. Tiffany, the owner, always runs monthly specials... which makes it very difficult to stay on any sort of yarn diet.



on the right: Chartreuse and purple classic AL by Elsbeth Lavold. I bought 4 skeins in the green, 6 skeins in purple. Phoenix yarn by SWTC (2 skeins) and a loverly skein of cherry tree hill superwash sock yarn. It was ALL on sale, ok? On the left we've got my books...two from Amazon.com.

After buying the stash supplement, I headed over to Monkey Bean to meet Wanda and Michelle. I love this coffee shop, except for the lighting (makes it very difficult to show off yarn).



What have I been KNITTING?
here we've got two baby sweaters. the one on the right is the pullover from Weekend Knits, in sugarplum cottonease. I need to do the dreaded sleeves still. The one on the left is the chunky baby cardigan from Simple Knits for Cherished Babies (Erika Knight) made with the Classic AL.



also, the progress on spork.


that's it for me. Another big test (my comprehensives that i need to pass to graduate) on Saturday.

Also, LAST CALL for anyone who wants to sign up for the Int'l Scarf Exchange I put a button on my sidebar, and the deadline for joining is on Nov. 10th. Don't forget to read the rules before signing up!!

10 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

Yay to you ... I bet you had fun ... and I'm *so* lucky I live so far from Colorful Yarns. :)

11/7/05, 7:52 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Good luck with comps--I remember when I took mine--you'd better knit all week to build up you hand strength for writing :)

11/7/05, 9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so hooked up living so close to Colorful Yarns!!! I'm jealous! And you are so right - Yarn is a four letter word...lol

Your purchases are beautiful! Enjoy.

11/7/05, 9:36 AM  
Blogger Cathi said...

How fun that you got some new goodies! Hope to see you tomorrow night.

11/7/05, 12:43 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

I still want that sock yarn! You got some great yarn picks while cruisin' the LYS aka Colorful Yarns. Enjoy your purchase!

11/7/05, 12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww crap...I can't decide. I did say that I wasn't joining any more exchanges, didn't I?! Hmmm!?

11/7/05, 8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

spork? whatever, the colors are pretty!

11/8/05, 1:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, y'got me jonesin' for a fix.
I love the sweaters. They're going to be terrific.
Good luck on your exam; I'll cross some toes for you.

11/9/05, 3:05 PM  
Blogger Dreamy said...

Oooh, lust worthy fiber. How gorgeous. The wip's are quite nice too. I love Erica Knight, don't you?

11/12/05, 3:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your exams went well. I was thinking about you yesterday and sending postive thoughts your way. Hope you can make it to Borders on Saturday. Why not bring your new yarn for show 'n' tell?

11/13/05, 6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home