"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Monday, September 26, 2005

weekend bliss

I've been extremely remiss in not blogging about my beautiful new pair of socks.

They're from the sockapal2za exchange hosted by Alison. I joined the beginner round, and these are the first pair of socks that Debbie has ever knitted!! She did a beautiful job of turning the heel, b/c I see no holes. I'm very envious. In any case, the socks made their public debut at the...


... which was hosted by the Boulder Knitting Guild, of which our own dear Jenifer is the current president. So, Wanda and I carpooled up there, and wandered around the farmer's market for quite some time (after Wanda finished talking to EACH and EVERY knitter there...). I bought some Rainier Cherry perserves, fresh roasted green chiles (mmmm), and a head of the most potent garlic ever. The garlic will be tested on Thursday during my weekly dinner club night. Will post results Friday.


Here's a quick glimpse of the knit out, which was well attended, and attracted quite a bit of attention. Amanda B, of Interweave, grabbed a lot of passerbys' interest, since she was trying to ensnare unwitting people into becoming addicting to spinning fiber. So... um, I brought home a free drop spindle, and went to Shuttles to buy some practice roving. SHUT UP! I hear you snickering out there. I will NOT become addicting to spinning. Really... I suck at it, but it's fun, so I doubt I'll ever be a serious spinner... no mastery of craft = little enjoyment for me.

Here we have the yarn and needles that people donated to teach the curious how to knit. At the end, anything leftover was up for grabs!! There was even some Black Water Abbey yarn, generously donated by Marilyn.

we've got a knit meet up (through DenverKnits or MHCknitters... who knows) tonight at Capuvino on S. University. Across the street from The Saucy Noodle. Anyone see a theme for my culinary preferences? Garlic. Mmm. On October 7th, we're going to meet up at St. Mark's Coffeehouse on 17th and Vine. See you there?

ps. OH OH OH!! So, maybe I should've kept my mouth shut about trying to get into NYU and Teacher's College... here's a link my friend sent to me about the wonders of NYC. Knit New York. Coffee, yarn, and knitting. In the midst of SOHO... shopping mecca of the world? (so long as you don't mind debt or have the Trump bazillions). My friend is trying to make the move more appealing to me... here's a snippit of the email she just sent.

GET OUT!!! YOU IN NYC...YAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Can't
wait...can't wait...can't wait. so you MUST come out
and visit...MUST!!!MUST!!!MUST!!!

I miss you and if you move to NYC..I'm think I'm gonna
die!!!!!!!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you mean after I talked to every knitter?!?! (tee-hee-hee!) Debbie's socks are beautiful! Hopefully Teacher's College in NY is your end destination, it sounds like a great school. And you have friends that miss you there, sounds pretty good!

9/26/05, 2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so excited to meet you and others tonight, but I double booked this night for over a week and just realized it yesterday. Since one was a paying event I had to choose it. I will be there on the 7th though!!

9/26/05, 3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay spinning! Come on over to the dark side.....

9/26/05, 3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... so your secret pal is a spinner...
Oh, wait. That doesn't narrow it down at all.
But what I'm really here to do is snicker, with much superior attitude, at your clearly non-New-York amalgamation of Soho and East 14th street. To wit: snicker, snicker.
(BTW? *totally* kidding. Really. Real NY-ers dismiss people from my geographical region faster than dog poo.)

9/26/05, 6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In fact (just to be, y'know, insanely clear, because it's not like you have real friends who actually live in NYC), they would find you a charming, maybe even exotic, naif.
I'll stop digging the hole now.

9/26/05, 6:46 PM  
Blogger jen said...

I had so much fun on Saturday ... thanks for driving up!! (Of course I guess you'll be getting used to the commute.:) I'm stealing your photos -- thanks in advance. And just think ... you'll be living in the same city as the yarn bus. Lucky you, if it works out.

9/26/05, 9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Inquiring minds would love to know what you picked out for fiber to spin?!? You were doing great, not everyone takes to it like Jenifer :-) But that last bit that you spun was certainly on par with hers! WTG!

Now, you need to work on Wanda! ;-)

9/26/05, 10:01 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

the socks look great!!!! and what a fun time!!! looks like a whole lot of fun at the farmers market and knitters guild extravaganza!!!!! love the booth sign:)

9/27/05, 7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haa ha, you will become addicted. You're a beginner, you'll practice and produce yarn you love before you know it. Happy Spinning! -AmandaB

9/30/05, 11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home