"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

SP6 questionnaire

I'm having so much fun in these exchanges, I signed up for round 6!!

for my SP, here's my interview.

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

I'm a bit of a snob. Ok, mostly snob. I make baby stuff with acrylic b/c of it's long lasting, easy care, and let's be honest, cheap prices. For myself, I have gravitated toward wools and cottons and blends.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

I do crochet, and I'm *thinking* of doing more, but knitting takes up so much time! Really, i only crochet baby blankets, but i love to try knitting anything.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

I hate the smell of smoke. If you have pets, don't worry about pet fibers (i won't notice...the two kitties of mine make sure EVERYTHING is covered in a fine fur). My allergy to fake crab shouldn't be of concern, right?


4. How long have you been knitting?

I've been knitting a year and a half (since March 2004ish).

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

I sure do. click here. I'll update it soon.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Vanilla and lilac. LILAC is the best smell ever. Bath and body works used to have a pillow/linen spray that combined these two smells. mmmm. I like anything that's not too heavy and musky. Clean smells, the smell of wood fires, citrus smells are also pleasing to me.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

not as much as a salt tooth. but i'm a woman after all, so chocolate is a must at least once a month. apple and lemon jolly ranchers are my favorite hard candy.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Umm. I dabble, but i'm trying to be focused on the knitting. I make stitch markers once in awhile (beading).

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I like everything from classical, jazz, hip hop, heavy metal, rock, soft rock, etc. I do NOT like anything close to country or gangsta rap.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

I love blue, green, grey and black. I hate anything approaching pink (i mean ANYTHING). I like a true blue-red (blood red?), purples... no yellows or beigish tan colors. I look like I'm suffering from jaundice if I wear these colors.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I'm single and live with 2 cats.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

For now, I'm hoping to get accepted to a PhD program, then do some ground breaking research in the field of counseling/psychology. I'd also love to raise awareness on racial issues, animal rights, and women's rights.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

I loved knitting my bamboo clapotis. I also enjoyed working with mercerized cotton, but can only knit for so long with that stuff. Sock yarn (like cherry tree hill) is a wonder too, but it's so SLOW. Anything soft and variegated always makes me smile.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

i'm not too fond of raw silk or anything squeaky.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

finishing my socks for sockpal2za. please please please let me finish soon. then i'm onto Rogue.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

i love it all, so far. socks are great for a travel project, but if you use sock yarn? progress is really slow. and since i hate waiting... you do the math!

17. What are you knitting right now?

see above. darn socks!

18. What do you think about ponchos?

i think ponchos would look great on my best friend. who weights 125 at 5'10.
with an a cup. me? at 5'3 with a c cup? not so cute.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

i love me some addis. turbos or naturas. love em love em love em. i have most sizes though...

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

i prefer wood and metal.

21. Are you a sock knitter?

i won't be for quite awhile.

22. How did you learn to knit?

my grandma showed me how when i was little. i picked it back up a year or so ago at an LYS.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

ha ha. how long have i been knitting?

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

i love dolphins and orcas.

25. What is your favorite holiday?

thanksgiving. and i'm not saying that b/c it's coming up. the food. the friends. the food. the football.

26. Is there anything that you collect?

yarn. books. shoes and handbags/pocketbooks.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

none!

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?

The yarn harlot's second. Nicky Epstein's books. Erika Knight's knitting for the home (or is it simple knits for the home?).

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??

umm... not that i can think of.

ETA: 30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like?

if you were to make me hand knit socks, i woudln't care what you made it out of.
but, my foot is 8-9 inches from heel to toe. i don't like the cuff to be very tall (4-5 inches is more than sufficient).

WHEW! that's some interview.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lilac is my favorite too!

[I love reading these. They're almost as fun as "100 things." :-)]

P.S. Good luck with your applications!

9/16/05, 8:50 AM  
Blogger Wilma Fingerdu said...

i missed the signups :-(

9/19/05, 5:00 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

I missed them too! : \ Oh well, with school, work & field I'm so busy I'd probably be a bad secret pal :( Anyhoo - I was at the bookstore on campus yesterday and saw something that made me think of you! I wonder if you've red it? "Original Cyn" by Sue Margolis. Hope you're having a good week! Good recovery this past weekend after the Notre Dame incident. UGH! Here's to NO MORE LOSSES!

9/21/05, 10:07 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

ha - red.. i ken spil! er, read even! I'm losing it...

9/22/05, 4:39 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Hey Cyn -- so glad to hear you're coming up!! It's a limited selection ... like 4 skeins in the yarn sale bucket. But, you just might want to take a look! :) See you tomorrow,
J

9/23/05, 4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home