"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Because I'm easy....easy like Sunday morning...

I was intrigued by the interview on Lori's blog, especially about her struggles in career choice. Psychology just isn't up there in the 'respectable' category for Chinese parents.

anyway.

for your convenience i've copied the rules here, followed by your
interview questions :)
The Rules
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview Me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone
else in the post.
5. When others asking to be interviewed comment, you will ask them 5 questions.

Interview Questions

What are your favorite dim sum dishes?

good thing you didn't ask which ONE was my favorite. I couldn't possibly narrow it down to just one. for the squeamish of stomach, please skip to next question.
1) chinese chive and shrimp dumplings
2) pot stickers
3) chicken feet
4) turnip cake


Which test qualified you for mensa, and what was your score?


I qualified according to my IQ test (Stanford Binet), which I took to get into my high school, the ACT, and the SAT. If you look around on the Mensa site, it tells you how the ACT and SAT scores equate with IQ scores. I scored 1360 on my SAT. Click here to see the list of qualifying scores.

Boy Lori, where did you dig that one up? I don't remember mentioning that I qualified for mensa on the blog! ::blush:: That feels boastful, so I'll temper
it with this qualifier: I think I barely qualify.


What is your tattoo of, and why did you choose it for your tattoo?

I chose an Orca (killer whale). If I was to be reincarnated as an animal, I'd chose either the Orca or the dolphin... i love their sense of play and their intelligence...plus they seem graceful and happy, don't they?
I drew my own tattoo in college (during abnormal psych lecture, if you want to be precise) and got it put on after I graduated. There's a reason I only have one.
Needles? pain? NOT my friends.

When are you most happy?

When I'm surrounded by my closest friends, when Roman tells me he loves me (Roman is my best friend's 3 yo son), after buying quality yarn, shoes, or bags,

If money were no object, what yarn would you buy (single type) and for
what project?

oh no!! I'm not qualified for this question yet! I feel like I need to know more about yarn and patterns before I answer this question. I mean, if it was shoes, I'd say I need a pair of either Jimmy Choos or Manolos. Handbags...I'd want either a large Hermes bag or a large LV. Yarn. hmmm.

DOH! (a la Homer Simpson). The crack of all yarns, of course!! Brooks Farm Yarn, enough to make a bed spread (that's a lot of yarn, and gee, if I get overhwhelmed thinking about knitting a queen sized bed spread, I could just make some sweaters and shawls instead, now couldn't i?)

Promised pics

The accursed sock. I'm getting much better at cabling without a needle, courtesy of this link and Michelle.


I love this yarn by Nature Wool. The slight variegation in the depth of the blue is oh so pretty. Cathi has agreed to help me test out new cast on methods that work best for this scarf.


I was much further along in the sweater a few days ago. TINK TINK TINK b/c I hadn't read the instructions thoroughly, which meant I forgot to start the kangaroo pocket back on row 14. I had gotten up to row 22. Sigh.



Isn't the cabling beautiful? I love it. The tinking did allow me to correct a few mistakes, so I'm not that mad that I had to TINK and reknit.

12 Comments:

Blogger Cathi said...

Rogue looks great, it's going to be so perfect on you. Can't wait to see it in real life.

Are you doing the beaded scarf for yourself? And I think the socks look great, your sock pal will be lucky to receive them.

I have never done the interview thing- I guess it's time, right? :) Only if you want to, though.

8/14/05, 1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom and I are sitting here looking at Rogue updates, and yours looks great!! I can't wait to see the progress!

8/14/05, 3:18 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Rogue is looking beautiful Cynthia. I really love the color you chose.

8/14/05, 4:15 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

ohh mensa, and you are modest about it:) loved your interview, very interesting. i love the scarf with the beads very beautiful, and that cabling is really great! love the color of the socks too... thanks for that link to cable without needles!

8/14/05, 4:48 PM  
Blogger celia said...

Rogue is looking good. I tried cabling without he cable needle and decided I preferred using the third needle. Good on you for persevering.

8/15/05, 4:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work happening! Can't wait to see it in person soon... I l-o-o-o-v-e cabling. Mmmmmm... Also, love orcas-- the Handyman and I went seakayaking in British Columbia for our honeymoon and were privileged to have many close moments with orcas. I don't even have the words to describe how incredibly wonderful the experience was.

8/15/05, 7:55 AM  
Blogger lesley said...

wow i absolutely cannot wait to start! your rogue is gorgeous! i love it!

8/15/05, 11:11 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Oh, Cynthia, I loved that link to the mensa thing! I think I (barely) qualify as well, so there. (Ha, like I'm really boasting, but you know what I mean. :) We could start a club of "barely qualifying for mensa." Hey - your rogue looks great! I love those heathers. Hey -- have you seen "Cynthia" in Naturally Noro? I'm going to make it ... it's only a matter of when. But I did think of you, being as it's named after you and everything. (When oh when will a sweater ever be named "Jenifer"?) Take care!

8/15/05, 11:37 PM  
Blogger Wilma Fingerdu said...

yor projects are looking rather nice :-)

8/16/05, 1:31 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Hi Cynthia! It was great seeing you today. Re: picts of inside yarn shops ... I took one at Knit on Pearl in Wyo., but accidentally erased it later when going back over the photos. And I totally forgot at Blue Heron, and took the pict i had just as we were leaving. Sorry! (Bad blogger, me!)

8/16/05, 1:51 PM  
Blogger Micky said...

It all looks really good.
:)

8/16/05, 2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool, I'm in Mensa as well! I took the exam in high school before I took my SAT, so I took the actual Mensa entrance exam.

8/22/05, 4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home