"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Ethics test

I just got this ethics test via email. thought I'd share it with everyone.
If you feel comfortable doing so, please post your results in the comment section.


This test only has one question, but it's a very important one.



By giving an honest answer, you will discover where you stand
morally.

The test features an unlikely, completely fictional situation in
which you will have to make a decision.



Remember that your answer needs to be honest, yet spontaneous.



Please scroll down slowly and give due consideration to each line.



You are in Florida, Miami to be specific.

There is chaos all around you caused by a hurricane with severe
flooding.

This is a flood of biblical proportions. You are a photojournalist
working for a major newspaper and you're caught in the middle of this epic
disaster.



The situation is nearly hopeless.

You're trying to shoot career-making photos.

There are houses and people swirling around you, some disappearing
under the water.

Nature is unleashing all of its destructive fury.



Suddenly you see a man floundering in the water.

He is fighting for his life, trying not to be taken down with the debris.

You move closer . somehow the man looks familiar.

You suddenly realize who it is. It's George W. Bush!


At the same time you notice that the raging waters are about to
take him under ... forever.

You have two options-you can save the life of G.W. Bush or you can
shoot a dramatic

Pulitzer Prize winning photo, documenting the death of one of the
world's most powerful men.



So here's the question, and please give an honest answer:



Would you select high contrast color film, or would you go with
the classic simplicity of black and white?

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely black and white. It's more artistic...
Anna

8/6/05, 9:37 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

This is so funny! I love it. I go for the black and white too!

8/6/05, 11:10 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

he he he , how evil:) black and white absolutely!

8/7/05, 8:17 AM  
Blogger Laurie (Moo!) said...

I think that the simplicity of black and white would show the appropriate amount of drama.

It's the DANCING IN THE STREETS, of the Nation's millions that I would shoot in color!

8/7/05, 11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was great!! I'd have to go with black and white. I think it would capture the moment with more clarity.

8/8/05, 10:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cyn - thank you thank you thank you so very much for the "needle exchange" package!

And the joke is fab!

8/8/05, 4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

personally i prefer the classic black and white, i like the understaed simplicity of it!

8/9/05, 12:41 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

B&W!!!

8/9/05, 8:27 AM  
Blogger Nik said...

I'd like to see death in color :D

8/9/05, 12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If an anonymous person comments in the blogosphere, does anyone really care?

I don't think I'd choose either - I'd go save a child who'd been left behind.

8/11/05, 5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny!! I got totally sucked in.

8/12/05, 3:41 PM  
Blogger jen said...

I loved it!!!!! (Pooey on anonymous ... obviously a coward if s/he can't even leave a name.)

8/12/05, 4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home