"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Monday, August 01, 2005

Scarf style crap a-long

I joined the Scarf style knit a long last fall, submitting my Backyard Leaves. While that project has yet to be finished, I've managed to cast on and finish Blizzard, and last night, cast on for Bead of the Earth.



Do you see the problem? I'm probably going to rip this out and start over. Anyone have a suggested cast on method for this scarf? I wish that the book stated that a long tail cast on wouldn't work out for this particular pattern.

I went to Border's Saturday morning, meeting up with Michelle, expecting Wanda (but she had to work!), and met Mary Anne, Joanne, Sheila, and...um, DARN. Help, Michelle! I worked prodigiously on my Sock-pal-2-za sock, which I'm using Cherry Tree Hill yarn with the rib and cable sock pattern from interweave (Fall 2005). I've chosen, unwisely I might add, to have this sock pattern be my practice for cabling w/o a cable needle. EEK!! So...some cables are going the wrong way. Good thing I joined the beginner's group.



Joanne insisted that I take a pic of the beads I went to go purchase at Bead It!, which is right next door to Borders. She didn't believe that I would only buy the beads for the scarf... for some strange reason, she thinks that *I* have a problem with willpower. Huh.



Now I've started on an OSW for my best friend. It's a dusty rose/almost lavendar color, which I know she likes. It's Dive Cotton Club, with Crystal Palace Shimmer (white) as stripes b/c neither skein is large enough for an OSW.



Tomorrow, I've got to get needles for the Needle Exchange (sounds like a drug rehab program, no?) and some size 7 needles, 32" for my Rogue. We were supposed to cast on today... frustrating that you get gauge on the only size needle you DON"T have in 32" (ok, not the only, but the only ones between sizes 2-9).

10 Comments:

Blogger Wilma Fingerdu said...

I dont see the mistake...but hey when are we suppose to have our scarfs done and sen out for the exchange?

8/2/05, 1:49 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

I'm not sure that I see the mistake either, unless, you're meaning in the cast on where the beads are sort of looped in. Is it not supposed to curl in like that, or is the cast on edge to look a little different. I think it looks good and I like the beads you chose for it. Very nice. Great progress on all your WIPS.

How are the tanks coming along?

8/2/05, 11:33 AM  
Blogger Cathi said...

That OSW is going to be great- can't wait to see it!

I'm going to make that same scarf, but with some Rowan cotton that I traded for with Stacey.

I think the sock looks great, and practicing the cabling will be good for Rogue. :)

Hope you are well, sorry I'm going to miss Friday!

8/2/05, 12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello
you don't know me but..

anyway I was trying to get to your old page on how to create a hood (avec liripipe), but the page doesn't exist, and although I have found a copy via goodle's cache, there aren't any photos! I wonder if you have the page anywhere, or the images that used to go on it?!

I want to attempt to make one of these at the weekend, and I'm trying to gather all the resources I can as I am terrible at sewing and all that stuff (notes many missing buttons after 'very clever strengthening' took place)...

If you can help, I would be most greatful indeed!

8/2/05, 4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that will be a very pretty osw when done. since most of mine have been ackrylic for kids that don't care about the nicer fibers, i am envious!

8/2/05, 4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't see the problem with your cast on either. Is the cast on edge not supposed to look like that? I'll have to dig up my Scarf Style book tonight. I think it looks great personally. I like the blue you picked for the scarf itself. What yarn is that?
Love the OSW. I still need to get mine on the needles, but I don't know when that will happen with Rogue starting and everything else that's already going.

8/2/05, 4:45 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Hey there Cynthia ... you look like you're having a lot of fun here! Your comment is very timely on my blog ... check back tomorrow for my contest! :)

8/2/05, 8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to A Knitted Peace over my lunch tomorrow to get my needles for Rogue...wanna meet me?

8/2/05, 11:56 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

great idea to put stripes in OSW!!! okay i am going to officially copy you:) love the scarf with the beads!!! and the socks are cute. wish i would have joined sock-2-loza....

8/4/05, 6:19 PM  
Blogger Bookish Wendy said...

I think the Scarf looks fine as it is. I wonder if you could bead the cast on edge if you're really not happy with it?

8/4/05, 8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home