"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

You are an obsession. You are my obsession....

Sing/chant song along with me working fervishly on my clap. The end is in sight! I am just about to start decreasing, but have no new photos. Probably won't until the clap is fini!

In other news:
1) another great knit night. If you live in Denver (or near Denver), join Meetup.com and find the Littleton group. GO JOIN NOW! Next month, the plan is to meet at the usual B&N, then head to a Mexican restaurant for some food and margaritas. THEN head back to the B&N for more knitting. (Umm... does this sound like a recipe for disaster to anyone else?) My camera's battery was dead, my brain was pretty fried, so no pics. We solved many complex issues (namely, which 5 skeins of KPPPM should Stacey use on her Charlotte?), and now feel capable to take on world peace.

2) I'm pouting. While all these great people will be meeting up at Chez Cathi for another knit night with QUESO on Friday evening, I will sadly be in weekend class. Again. If you want to join in on the fun, go to Yahoo groups and join MHCKnitters.

3) I briefly thought about becoming a lesbian today. In class, we had a panel of couples (gay and lesbian) to talk about typical issues that might bring G&L couples to counseling. It was a great informative group discussion, helping us future counselors understand a bit more about the dynamics of lesbian and gay relationships. The lesbian couple comprised of two very successful, bright, educated women... and their description of how their relationship works made me envious. Imagine not having proscribed gender roles, where it isn't ASSUMED that you will do the cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc just b/c you're the woman. The two couples also talked about the high level of communication and emotional availability between them (I told you these were super couples, didn't I?) In any case, all this stuff made me think it would be great if I were sexually attracted to women. Then a few more brain cells decided to join my thinking process and said, "hey stupid, it's their awesome friendship combined with their obvious regard for each other that helps make their relationship so great."

Did you know that gays and lesbians (and bisexuals that are in same sex relationships) are denied over ONE THOUSAND, and ONE HUNDRED federal rights? Does this not astound you? Makes me enraged. Did you know that in most of CO, you can be fired/terminated just for being gay/lesbian? How is this possible?

(stepping off soapbox for now)

now for the pictures!!!
cuteness!! Posted by Hello


These are my furbabies. On the left is Cosmo (yes, named after Cosmo Kramer). He's the scaredy cat. The right side of the pic shows Danger. He is the 'curiousity killed the cat' cat. One time he had singed eyebrow whiskers b/c he was busy investigating a glass jar candle.

full length blizzard Posted by Hello


humongo Posted by Hello


Ok. This blizzard shawl is NOT knitting, but it's still fibercraft, right? It's a pretty simple crochet pattern, consisting of mostly hdc (half double crochet... and yes, for you non-crocheters, that's DIFFERENT from a single crochet). It's absolutely HUGE. The rug next to it is a 5X8, and it's laying by the 8 ft side.

Last. I will probably not post again until either a) the clap is done or b) on Sunday the 17th, due to a regulary scheduled interruption in my life, aka grad school.

6 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i learned a lot just now from your counseling class:) It warms my heart to see any couple (gay or straight)that is so in-love that they can keep communication priority! your spouse or partner should always be your best friend! love the shawl, pretty color

4/13/05, 8:53 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

That blizzard is huge, but also beautiful. I love it.

4/13/05, 2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm also surprised at the amount of rights denied to someone because of a personal prefrence. It's just dumb.

Blizzard is cool. Was it difficult (question coming from a VERY novice crocheter)?

4/13/05, 3:48 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Hi Cynthia, your blizzard is great! I want to learn how to do that. How perfect that you made your blizzard just after (during?) our blizzad?! And yes, I get so annoyed living in such a red state (just got a "count me blue" bracelet that DH gave me) -- did you know that as per the law, you can also be fired for being straight?? But I don't think it's ever backfired on those people who made the law ... though it should. Take care! Can't wait for Clapotis to be fini. Jenifer

4/14/05, 6:48 AM  
Blogger The MacKay Way said...

Firstly -- ugh - deplorable over 1,100? I just don't understand it. I just DON'T? It's hard enough to find a mate who will love, honor and respect you -- who cares if they are of the same sex? Hearing that enrages me and makes me feel ignorant at how little I know!

Off my soapbox...

The blizzard looks great!
Any current photos of the Clap? I made mine from wool...so it'll soon be away until fall... am thinking of making a spring version...but that would mean I'd have to quit my job and knit 24/7 to get to it on my list of things to knit this year!

4/14/05, 1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You realize that you are going to have to teach me how to crochet at Camp Wannaknitknit, right?! Seriously, I can't wait for the summer.

4/14/05, 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home