"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Saturday, March 19, 2005

No New Knitting....

I haven't touched any knitting projects since Monday. I did make some progress on the clapotis on the plane ride back from LA, but haven't touched needles since. I managed to get to A Knitted Peace to look at the trunk show of novely items, but was a bit underwhelmed. I'm just not a shiny, sparkly, frou frou kind of girl. As pretty as some of it might've been, I was much more attracted to the SALES in the back room. I bought a couple skeins of sock yarn (even though I don't know how to knit socks) and a couple skeins of wool for yet another pair of clogs.

In any case, I flew back to Denver late on Monday night, then drove back to the airport early Tuesday morning to pick up a friend. We had much fun, spent way too much money shopping, and ate too much good food. We went to Samba Room last night, which has never disappointed me. We split the skirt steak with chimichurri sauce, and the espresso tres leches cake for dessert. The steak is 14 oz of super tender beef. Yes, that's right. 14 ounces. The man at the table next to us ordered one and polished off the whole thing. Served with roasted, carmelized onions, and skinny fries. I had a mango daquiri, she had a mojito. The cake complimented our after dinner coffee very well, and we left the restaurant needing to unbutton our jeans. Great service at the restaurant as well. Cathi, if you're reading this....I would highly recommend this place for a date night.

Did Lamb's Pride stop making yarn? Every yarn store I've been to has had crappy selections. The last time I was at A Knitted Peace, they only had ugly colors left. When I went this week (it's been about 2 weeks in between), they had even less.

Another note: if you don't read bluFelicia's blog, please stop by and read about Tucker, an abandoned dalmation that needs surgery.

I'll post pics of the new yarn and the progress on the clap tomorrow. I need a nap.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I *still* haven't made it over to A Knitted Peace. I'm sure by the time I do their sale will be over, if it isn't already.

Lambs Pride is still making yarn from what I hear. What I have heard is that they may have allowed too many stores to carry their brand and can't keep up with the demand. Lots of felters out there. Also, I've heard that they only dye certain colors year round. The others are on a rotation. So a color you like may only be available every 6 months.
Hope you have more time for knitting this week. I've been knitting but haven't been blogging. Bad me.

3/21/05, 12:14 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

You're right. Samba Room is great for a date night or just for dinner anytime. The skirt steak with chimichurri sauce is my favorite. You're making me hungry just thinking about it. I don't know what to tell you about the Lamb's Pride by Brown Sheep, but if you get to a place that carries Cascade 220, check it out. It felts just as well as Lambs Pride, if not better and comes in fabulous colors. You get 220 yds per skein and it runs between $6.50-$6.75 a skein. And it's all wool, not wool and mohair, very soft to knit with, unlike the Lambs Pride which can be a tad scratchy, although it's very nice yarn too.

3/23/05, 7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home