"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

I'm So Excited....and I Just Can't Hide It...

Am I showing my age by using that song? The title of the entry was going to be, I'm so excited, I could pee my pants...but I thought the Pointer Sisters said it better.

Today is THE day. THE day that Fed Ex (I hate them) says I should be getting my camera. I hate both Fed Ex and UPS b/c those services SAY they have all this fancy detailed tracking, right? So what if I can see the night before that it will be delivered today? WHAT TIME TODAY? It's worse than the cable guy, who at least gives you a four hour window, instead of expecting you to be home all effing day. The tracking site says it will be delivered by 430pm today. So, either I sit on my ass all day at home, or chance missing the delivery. Watch, I'll stay home until the last possible minute, and they'll try to deliver it between 345pm and 430pm. Of course, I won't be home b/c I'll be at school. Then, they take my precious back to the warehouse. When I go pick it up in BFE, I'll have to wait for at least an hour while the track it down. Sigh. I prefer USPS, b/c I'm lazy. They leave a slip in
my mailbox, then I walk the two blocks over to my post office and pick it up. The kicker? It's much cheaper than either Fed Ex or UPS. Have you had enough of my whiney ass yet?

Sarah figured out how to air her music mixes so we could have a listen. I think she's getting frenchified, but it was still good music to listen to while knitting.

I didn't wish anyone a happy chinese new year, did I? (way back on Feb 9th). Michelle has an alternative chinese zodiac on her site. Supposedly, I should be a fried fruit pie, but it doesn't sound like me at all!!

I think this post will be the last non pic post. We'll see if I can outsmart the Fed Ex man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home