"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Parrot or Preppie?

I have two topics to think about today. Am I stupid or just plain stubborn? Again, I managed to procrastinate on a school project until the very last minute. I know I missed some stuff in my paper, and then I had to walk to school b/c I was printing the damn thing out at the very last minute. If I had given myself thirty extra minutes, I could've written a much better paper AND gotten a ride to school. And it was damn nipply outside today! Here's the thing. I don't even want any comments about this one, b/c I always bitch about my procrastination right after a project is due, then I do it again when the next one comes around. Mabye I'm just stupidly stubborn.

Topic #2. I foolishly wandered around A Knitted Peace after my clogs class. Found some yummy yarn for the clapotis. Bamboo yarn. Has anyone knit with this stuff? I love the parrot and preppie colorways. Cathi's continued reincarnations of her clap inspire me... but I can't justify casting on another project when I have so many laying at my feet in various states of unfinishedness.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarita said...

I have never knit with bamboo before - so you should make your Clapotis and then tell us all about it. The colors look very cool.

I know what you mean b y unfinished projects at your feet and school work getting put off until the last moment.....ugh....

2/16/05, 2:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard good things about bamboo yarn. I have heard, however, that the alchemy brand is much nicer (read softer) than the southwest trading company. I don't know if the alchemy comes in those yummy colors though.

2/16/05, 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home