"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Ball spinning. Clog felting.

My first ever knitting class today. How fun is it to be surrounded by people with a passion to knit? Making felted clogs (yeah, yeah...I'm just catching up to trends. By the time I feel confident enough to attempt clapotis,...who knows) in the class, and learning some new stitches. I also spun my first ball o yarn using a spinner thingamajig. How fun and easy was THAT? Maybe this is a stupid stupid question, but how in the world does that thing work? (then again, you're reading the blog of a person who could take college physics, and STILL not understand how electricity REALLY works.

I can't believe it's only Tuesday. It's gotta be at LEAST Thursday!! I need a complicated spreadsheet or some matrices to figure out when my friends and I can get together for dinner. I will be on campus for school SIX days this week. SIX. That's sick and wrong, isn't it?

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarita said...

You can do Clapotis! I am not a fantastic knitter....trust me...and I did Clapotis. It is great - it looks complicated but it is really just the same pattern of stitched over and over again. And then every couple rows or so you actually get to "drop" a stitch. Not there is some excitement....

Ciao

2/9/05, 3:46 AM  
Blogger Cathi said...

I have to agree with Sarita- you can totally do Clapotis. It's the beauty of the pattern- it looks complex, but it really isn't.

2/11/05, 12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home